title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Beginner question on dynamic naming

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBrown
    replied
    Re: Beginner question on dynamic naming

Originally posted by Johnnyb
    Thanks GB. I was wondering about that tag. I'll try it on my next rip and see if Audirvana reacts to it. I would probably add the "the" at the end after a comma.
    Probably not really necessary to move to the end, unless you have similar but different title with and without "The" that you need to differentiate.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyb
    replied

Thanks GB. I was wondering about that tag. I'll try it on my next rip and see if Audirvana reacts to it. I would probably add the "the" at the end after a comma.

Leave a comment:

• GBrown
    replied

Thanks! Are there any other things I need to check in the bottom of the box?
    I would add the albumsort tag and drop "The" from the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• garym
    replied

I try cleaning CD and ripping on a different optical drive. But even with a error, these are sometimes not audible in playback.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyb
    replied

Thanks. Some of my older CDs have errors.

Leave a comment:

• garym
    replied

It is a secure rip but does not match the accuraterip database. You could try a different drive. But this sometimes happens.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyb
    replied

On more question: What does the rip status indicate on track one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 8.07.10 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	294589

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyb
    replied

Thanks Gary!

Leave a comment:

• garym
    replied

Looks correct to me. Only album artist and album artist sort should be various artists. Artist and artist sort should be actual artist name.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyb
    replied

Hi Guys! Hope you all are having a great weekend. I've been happily ripping my single artists discs and things are going well. I did have a question about the tags for my various artist discs, however. Do these tags look correct to you?

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 6.43.46 AM.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	294588

If I change artist and artist sort to various artists, it changes all of the individual artists below to various artists.

Thanks1

Leave a comment:

• garym
    replied

Thanks. An MBID tag will show up once in a while. Not sure what that is.

I think I'm ready to start ripping in earnest. I still have a little bit of a hiccup in Audirvana with various artists discs, but I think it is more a problem with that program and not with my tagging. So, I'll bug the people on their forums for that!

You guys have been so great helping me out. I really appreciate the time you both took to answer my endless questions. I promise to search first before I ask any more. I hope this thread will help others out.
    Have fun ripping!
    p.s. it's a unique CD identifier related to the MusicBrainz database.
    https://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Identifier

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyb
    replied

Thanks. An MBID tag will show up once in a while. Not sure what that is.

I think I'm ready to start ripping in earnest. I still have a little bit of a hiccup in Audirvana with various artists discs, but I think it is more a problem with that program and not with my tagging. So, I'll bug the people on their forums for that!

You guys have been so great helping me out. I really appreciate the time you both took to answer my endless questions. I promise to search first before I ask any more. I hope this thread will help others out.

Leave a comment:

• garym
    replied

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3389[/ATTACH]

I have all of those that you have not ticked, ticked in my settings. not sure I need them all, but takes little space and I might. HDCD and pre-emphasis would only show up if the CDs you are ripping have those features. (p.s. I don't do anything special in ripping any HDCD disks I have).

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyb
    replied

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 7.29.06 AM.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	294587

Leave a comment:

• garym
    replied

Thanks man1! I have a huge variety of music. Haven't started ripping the metallica or slipknot collection yet and I have to read some threads about tagging classical music. The CDs are taking up too much space. That's why I started this project. I need to make room so I can buy more records!

Gary, what is your opinion about the boxes Sim is suggesting above? Are they necessary?
    I have all those same boxes ticked.

Leave a comment:

Working...

]]>