title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Too Many Errors from Rips

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bioman
    • Feb 2022

Too Many Errors from Rips

Getting a lot of errors ripping CD's. Often 1/2 of the tracks on a disc. All of these tracks when played will have a pop or two show up. Using the same external drive I use with JRiver, where I get NO errors ripping the same disc. Bought this software as the metadata appears to be better than JRiver. Not much use if I can't rip a disc. What can I check in the way of settings or whatever to see what is causing this? PS. some disc's rip without any issue at all. Attached is a screenshot of RIP of a brand new unopened CD.Click image for larger version

Name:	20220204_104802.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	297695
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Too Many Errors from Rips

Disable c2 pointers if you have enabled them.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Bioman
      • Feb 2022

Originally posted by Spoon
      Disable c2 pointers if you have enabled them.
      They were not enabled. Also changed ripping from burst to secure. This reduced the number of files that indicated as not passing. However, when I played these files, a cursory listen indicated that they still had the clicks and pops present. I will try and rip some more this weekend.

Comment

• Bioman
        • Feb 2022

Had a chance to rip a number of disks. Setting rip to "secure" seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...

]]>