title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

What is the very best setting, for the best sound quality?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnisis
    • Oct 2017

What is the very best setting, for the best sound quality?

I'm ripping CDs on .wav format, Uncompressed, everything as Source. I found this old CD-ROM of some Dell laptop that can go to as low as 4x speed, which I always set. Also, I always set Secure Ripping Method. However, few times I run Detect of Drive Read Cache, Test FUA Support and Detect C2 Support.

The last time I did this I noticed that the ripping took real time. For instance 1 hour CD took one hour to rip at 4x as opposed to 15-20 minutes at 4x with Ultra Secure Ripping option checked.

I decided to listen to other 4 files I ripped with different settings and compare them to the one I ripped in one hour. The sounds of a Symphonic orchestra are all more transparent, more Live, more free with the longer ripping. I have 96db speakers and listen often to 96KHz/24bit files or higher.

Can someone tell me what happened and why there is this difference in quality? Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: What is the very best setting, for the best sound quality?

Ripping speed does not change the overall audio, especially if AccurateRip verifies the rip.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Johnisis
      • Oct 2017

Re: What is the very best setting, for the best sound quality?

Thank you Spoon. When I did that real time rip I did not change the speed. It&*8217;s the other parameters that produced a much better sound in the speakers. Again, I wish I knew how it happen

Comment

Working...

]]>