title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ID Tag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mouin
    • Aug 2017

Re: ID Tag

Originally posted by mville
    Good, you are now able to save tags correctly. Changing ID3v2 text encoding to Unicode-16 has fixed the issue, as the original ANSI character setting is limited.

In dBpoweramp related windows/pages i.e. File Properties >> ID-Tag tab or the Edit ID-Tag window, the Arabic text is displayed. I can also confirm that the tags display ok, in foobar2000.

However, you are correct in thinking there is a display only problem in Windows. In File Explorer or File Properties >> Details tab, wav file tags with Arabic text are displayed with ???? characters.

Please note, that this is not the case for flac or mp3 files:

Maybe Spoon can tell us why the display issue with wav files.

... I see Spoon has posted above.

Spoon, just to confirm then, setting ID3v2 text encoding to Unicode-16, is the correct solution for languages such as Arabic and no other settings need changing?
    It looks like I got stuck again on some files. I was able to edit few files, but still some of them will NOT keep/save the Arabic names. I was doing the same thing for all of them. All are in .WAV form. Any idea?

Comment

• Mouin
      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by mville
      Good, you are now able to save tags correctly. Changing ID3v2 text encoding to Unicode-16 has fixed the issue, as the original ANSI character setting is limited.

In dBpoweramp related windows/pages i.e. File Properties >> ID-Tag tab or the Edit ID-Tag window, the Arabic text is displayed. I can also confirm that the tags display ok, in foobar2000.

However, you are correct in thinking there is a display only problem in Windows. In File Explorer or File Properties >> Details tab, wav file tags with Arabic text are displayed with ???? characters.

Please note, that this is not the case for flac or mp3 files:

Maybe Spoon can tell us why the display issue with wav files.

... I see Spoon has posted above.

Spoon, just to confirm then, setting ID3v2 text encoding to Unicode-16, is the correct solution for languages such as Arabic and no other settings need changing?
      Got stuck again with some files. I was doing the same thing, but somehow the changes were not saved for some files. Instead "?????" showed up even in the ID Tag tab...... any idea why?

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mouin
        It looks like I got stuck again on some files. I was able to edit few files, but still some of them will NOT keep/save the Arabic names. I was doing the same thing for all of them. All are in .WAV form. Any idea?
        Check the files that will not save are not set to read only.

Comment

Working...

]]>