title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

No metadata retrieval

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dalemation
    • Aug 2017

No metadata retrieval

Hi all,

First post. I've just purchased dbpoweramp and struck a problem immediately. Every CD I insert finds no metadata from the internet at all. The strange thing is I was using Cyberlink software previously and that still finds all metadata no problem. How do I correct this??

Thanks.
    Dale
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: No metadata retrieval

It is likely your security software is blocking dBpoweramp from accessing the internet. You can test this by inserting a popular CD which was released in 2016 or earlier, as every popular CD has metadata (from the 4 online databases we use).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dalemation
      • Aug 2017

Thanks for the reply Spoon.
      Right, I put in Jeff Lynne's ELO Alone In The Universe and all metadata appeared for that, including cover art.
      So what does that mean? Why does Cyberlink find all the metadata for all the other discs but this software doesn't? I just wanted to be able to rip my Cd's to Flac. Not complaining, I just don't understand?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You would have to run a test with 100 discs, count how many do not have metadata.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dalemation
          • Aug 2017

I'm sort of doing that as I'm archiving most of my CD's I didn't realise I had so many 'obscure' CD's. I will let you know. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...

]]>