title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Replay Gain settings/iTunes Normalization

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hitarth
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Sep 2017

Originally posted by garym
    my settings in the picture: click on "imgur.com" below.
    hi,
    thanks

Comment

• Hitarth
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Sep 2017

thanks very much

Comment

• Hitarth
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Sep 2017

hi,
        done the needful, what does this setting exactly do ??

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru

• Nov 2007

Originally posted by Hitarth

hi,
          done the needful, what does this setting exactly do ??
          what setting are you referring to?

Comment

• Hitarth
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Sep 2017

what setting are you referring to?
            sir,
            the RG Advanced setting : setting it to "2xoversampling", instead of leaving at the default "1x(no true peak)"

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru

• Nov 2007

not necessary to do, but with 2x or higher, the software does a better job of calculating 'true peak' in order to avoid clipping. This is just "insurance' as for most files on playback this is all irrelevant. Good discussion here:
              Hi folks, I'm trying to understand the role of True Peak setting in ReplayGain. Releases ago, I hadn't seen this setting and now it is here. My current settings are: Album ID Tag EBU R128 -18 LUFS [ ] Disable Clip-Prevention True Peak - 1x (no true peak) This deems: Soundgarden - Let Me Drown (FLAC) Track Gain -7.22 dB

Comment

• Hitarth
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Sep 2017

Originally posted by GBrown

iTunes only allows you to choose one normalization method, Track or Album.

When converting, I choose "Track, Album, and iTunes Album normalization" to have all three stored. The amount of data is insignificant. And while I rarely use iTunes or Apple Music for anything now, it doesn't hurt to have all of them available.
                hi,
                trust all well with you'll
                i am using the "Track, Album, and iTunes Album normalization" & the RG set to 2x, as suggested, many thanks, i'm enjoying the sound.
                i have a whole lot of CDs ripped with Exact Audio Copy, Easy Audio Copy & CUERipper. these are ripped to .wav, so it easy to convert to ALAC, with the Batch Converter, where i'm using the RG setting as "Track, Album, and iTunes Album normalization" & the 2x.
                i have soem ripped files, where i'm not sure what the RG setting/s are ... is there any way to find out ??

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

It is easier to redo the whole collection for replaygain, use batch converter >> select root folder >> convert

Choose the encoder as [Replaygain]. and the settings, then leave over night.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru

• Nov 2007

hi,
                    trust all well with you'll
                    i am using the "Track, Album, and iTunes Album normalization" & the RG set to 2x, as suggested, many thanks, i'm enjoying the sound.
                    i have a whole lot of CDs ripped with Exact Audio Copy, Easy Audio Copy & CUERipper. these are ripped to .wav, so it easy to convert to ALAC, with the Batch Converter, where i'm using the RG setting as "Track, Album, and iTunes Album normalization" & the 2x.
                    i have soem ripped files, where i'm not sure what the RG setting/s are ... is there any way to find out ??
                    You can see the RG track and album tags in any file that contains these. The iTunes normilation tag may be contained in a comment tag. Also note you can recreate all these tags using batch converter and converting to the replagain utility DSP. This does NOT recreate the audio. It simply reanalyzes for replaygain and writes tags.

Comment

• Hitarth
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Sep 2017

You can see the RG track and album tags in any file that contains these. The iTunes normilation tag may be contained in a comment tag. Also note you can recreate all these tags using batch converter and converting to the replagain utility DSP. This does NOT recreate the audio. It simply reanalyzes for replaygain and writes tags.
                      thanks
                      so, if there are files which may / may not have any RG settings, i could convert using the said iTunes normalisation RG ?

Comment

• garym
                        dBpoweramp Guru

• Nov 2007

thanks
                        so, if there are files which may / may not have any RG settings, i could convert using the said iTunes normalisation RG ?
                        yes, but you add the "itunes normilaztion" tag information running the ReplayGain DSP in dbpoweramp (and selecting 'itunes normalization" as one of the options in that DSP, along with ALBUM and TRACK replaygain tag.

Comment

• Hitarth
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Sep 2017

yes, but you add the "itunes normilaztion" tag information running the ReplayGain DSP in dbpoweramp (and selecting 'itunes normalization" as one of the options in that DSP, along with ALBUM and TRACK replaygain tag.
                          yes, sir,
                          thanks, did just that

Comment

Working...

]]>