title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Incorrect cache metadata

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paulec
    • Mar 2017

Incorrect cache metadata

I loaded a CD and all the album details displayed, taken from the "metadata taken from cache" was completely incorrect. It was showing details from a heavy rock bands CD but my CD was a folk band, so not even close.
    I opened the CD with Windows media player and all the details were correct. So if the info on the disc is correct, where does the cache collect its info from.
    There was no info from any of the online meta providers.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Incorrect cache metadata

It could be a disc collision, press the refresh button on the tool bar to refetch live from the Internet.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Paulec
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
      It could be a disc collision, press the refresh button on the tool bar to refetch live from the Internet.
      Tried the refresh button with no change. Selecting the Meta button and it refreshes but this time when selecting Review Metadata I get the same incorrect info from AMG. No info available from other sources. Does this program not take info from the disc like Media player does?

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Paulec
        Does this program not take info from the disc like Media player does?
        Media player uses the internet connection too to retrieve the meta data.

Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>