title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to Set Offset

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike_HepC
    • Nov 2016

Unable to Set Offset

I am unable to set offset. I have tried over 40 CD's. I think I need to go back to my old ripper. I wanted to set this and go from the Trial version to the registered version, but It doesn't look good.
    -
    Details are vague at best on how to do this, so maybe I'm trying CD's in vain.
    I've tried Stones, Doors, Rocky Horror, Meat loaf, Cream, Aerosmith, Metallica, The Who, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Bon Jovi and the list goes on.
  • Mike_HepC
    • Nov 2016

Re: Unable to Set Offset

The second half of my message seems to have no made it, on board.
    -
    I have seen comments of people receiving pop-ups declaring,

"This Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection it does not match the AccurateRip stored disc, or your drive does not exist in AccurateRip and this disc has multiple pressings stored. Please try a different Key Disc."

I get no such message. I get nothing! There is no documentation explaining this, nor is there documentation for many other settings. Do you just put the disc in or do you have to load it somewhere? If it is suppose to pop-up automatically, that would be a major inconvenience for anyone not trying to set their offset. As for me, the pop-up would at least let me know I was on the right track, but I get nothing, zilch, nada!
    -
    My other problem is with the forum search and advance search. It seems the only way I can find posts on a subject it to go out to googe and search "forum.dbpoweramp" = "my query."
    -
    Is there any chance of them writing complete documentation any time in the future?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

You are using the Windows or Apple version?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mike_HepC
        • Nov 2016

I'm using Windows, but a facebook friend resolved the problem for me.
        -
        On the main configuration page, the box "Allow dbpoweramp to Access Internet" was not checked. It took the disc already in the drive the second I checked the box.
        -
        As for the unwritten rule, I'd like anyone reading this to know. You only need to have the program open and insert the CD. There is nothing to click saying "Try Key Disc" or the like. You just inset the CD and a pop-up will direct you.
        -
        I still have a question.
        Is it normal for it to only need one key disc? I have read many places where most people seem to need two or three key discs. It only needed one key disc with me.
        -
        Also: For whatever reason the "search" in this forum here is now working, so I don't have to use google. I have no idea why it wasn't working before, but we can't, nor should we try to, troubleshoot a no-existing problem.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Yes just one matching disc.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>