title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Frequent "Inaccurate" rips

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bantati
    • Feb 2012

Frequent "Inaccurate" rips

I have been using dbpoweramp successfully for many years, it's a great product. Until fairly recently I have been using the Windows version in my Parallels virtual machine on my Macbook, but following an "accident" which deleted all my Windows applications I decided to switch to the Mac compatible version. My operating system is El Capitan.

Since then I have experienced frequent "Inaccurate" rips on tracks, varying from cd to cd. I have just ripped three cds, all of which are in AccurateRip, and each of them experienced "Inaccurate" rips on some tracks. With one cd I was able to eliminate them by repeating the rips several times, but for the other two that did not work. The result given is, for example "Inaccurate(18)" if the Accurate rips are "Accurate(18)".

I am ripping to my Mac before copying the ripped files to the NAS. The Inaccurate tracks seem to play alright, but I suppose that there is something wrong with the data.

Can anyone suggest how I can correct this?

Thanks, Bantati
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Frequent "Inaccurate" rips

Inaccurate rips can be the result of a faulty CD drive, a faulty CD or even a CD drive, that isn't optimal for your problematic CDs.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Bantati
      • Feb 2012

Re: Frequent "Inaccurate" rips

Originally posted by Dat Ei
      Inaccurate rips can be the result of a faulty CD drive, a faulty CD or even a CD drive, that isn't optimal for your problematic CDs.

Dat Ei
      Thanks, Dat Ei. In fact I think that the problem is more mundane: I simply had not re-configured my dbpoweramp since switching from the Windows version to the Mac one. I have now done that, and will see what are the results!

Best regards,

Bantati

Comment

Working...

]]>