title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpowerarm cd rom ripping speed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kml
    • Apr 2016

dBpowerarm cd rom ripping speed

My cd rom is ausu Blu ray BW 12D1S-U
    In ripping speed setting( maximum & X40 )only choice, but I want to read with a slow&*65292;for example, X10 can help?
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: dBpowerarm cd rom ripping speed

Hey Kml,

the drive will reduce the speed itself if it has problems to read the disc. As long as the disc is in the accurate rip database accurate rip will tell you anyway if your ripping has been successful without errors. So there is no need to reduce the ripping speed proactive.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Kml
      • Apr 2016

If the rate of decrease will not improve sound quality, as well as various CD-ROM drive will rip archives different?

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Hey Kml,

Originally posted by Kml
        If the rate of decrease will not improve sound quality, as well as various CD-ROM drive will rip archives different?
        if you rip with a lossless codec (i.e. flac, wav) the sound quality can only be decreased by errorenous ripping. The decrease of the speed is just an attempt of the drive to read the audio data without errors (i.e. scratches or fingerprints on the disc). Once dBpa reports that your ripping was accurate, these data can't be improved - they are bit perfect, no matter how difficult it has been for your drive to read those data.

Dat Ei

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dat Ei
          Hey Kml,

if you rip with a lossless codec (i.e. flac, wav) the sound quality can only be decreased by errorenous ripping. The decrease of the speed is just an attempt of the drive to read the audio data without errors (i.e. scratches or fingerprints on the disc). Once dBpa reports that your ripping was accurate, these data can't be improved - they are bit perfect, no matter how difficult it has been for your drive to read those data.

Dat Ei
          correct, and furthermore, there have been tests that show in some cases SLOWING the ripping speed down made it *harder* to get a good bitperfect rip. So I agree, leave the speed alone and let the software do its job.

Comment

• Kml
            • Apr 2016

Will put good quality usb cable, power cord, usb filter can improve sound quality rip?

Comment

• jultsu
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Kml
              Will put good quality usb cable, power cord, usb filter can improve sound quality rip?
              These things *might* help you with playing back the audio files. For ripping they are absolutely 100% unnecessary.

Comment

• Dat Ei
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Feb 2014

Hey Kml,

Originally posted by Kml
                only in the beginning of CD drives the audio signal was an analog one. Very soon the audio signal transfer of CD drives became digital. Since that the D/A conversion is part of the sound card or the sound section of the main board.

So nowadays ripping means a digital readout of the audio data. It's a bit like reading data from a HDD. I think that will help you to understand, that the quality of an usb cable, power cord or whatever will not influence the sound quality.

AccurateRip gives you certainty if your ripped audio data are an exact, bit perfect copy of the audio data on the CD, or if any errors occured during the readout. If you achieve an accurate rip, than you can be sure you have the best quality that you can get from that CD (in the respect of an exact, digital audio data copy).

Cables, power cords and DACs (can) have an influence on sound quality when it comes to the point that you want to listen your music and convert your digital data into analog audio signals. But that's totally a different story...

Dat Ei

Comment

• Kml
                  • Apr 2016

Thank!!

Comment

Working...

]]>