title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping produces inaccurate rips after AccurateRip configuration

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • i.p
    • Mar 2016

Ripping produces inaccurate rips after AccurateRip configuration

Hi, I was having problems ripping CD's and configuring AccurateRip with my ASUS desktop PC so decided to buy an Apple CD drive for my mac mini to see if that would give better results. I've been trying ripping CD's to WAV files on both machines with no metadata saved in the files. For the first few CD's the results on both machines were identical ripping with iTunes and EAC on the windows machine and iTunes and dBPoweramp on my mac mini - all four rips gave identical results when compared with a checksum app.

After 3 or 4 CD's I got a message from dBPoweramp on the mac mini saying that my drive had been recognised and AccurateRip configured since when I have been getting different results from dBPoweramp on the mac mini from the three other rips - iTunes on the mac and iTunes and EAC on the windows machine, using the same checksum calculator app to compare the files. As the dBPoweramp rip is the only one of four which is different I assume there is some problem with the dBPoweramp rips but have no idea what it can be and why the rip results would have changed after the drive was recognised. Any ideas what might be going wrong?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping produces inaccurate rips after AccurateRip configuration

The drive offset has been now been set, the audio data is shifted so will produce different CRC, yet the same accuraterip results.

Nothing is wrong, it is better to have the correct drive offset set.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• i.p
      • Mar 2016

Thanks for the reply, I've finally been able to configure accuraterip on my ASUS PC for both dBPA and EAC. I tried ripping a CD on the PC using dBPA it took nearly 20 minutes for a 4 minute song gave me a fail for accuraterip but a tick for secure rip. I tried the same CD with EAC which read the whole CD in about 20 minutes with no errors reported. I then ripped the same CD on my mac mini using dBPA in secure mode which took less than 10 minutes and gave me results that matched the EAC rips on my PC when I compared them using my checksum app. It seems I have a duff CD drive in my ASUS PC but iTunes managed to rip the CD on both machines in less than 3 minutes with results that gave the same checksums when I compared them.

Before posting I thought I'd try ripping the same CD on the ASUS PC with dBPA in burst mode, it ripped the CD in under 5 minutes and the results were identical to those with EAC and dBPA on my mac mini. All tracks also matched accuraterip. Is there any reason why dBPA would struggle with the CD drive in my ASUS machine in secure mode, or settings I can change to fix this?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Disable c2 pointers, your drive does not support.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• i.p
          • Mar 2016

Thanks, that has fixed the slow ripping problem, strange though in the technical details for the drive in secure settings C2 pointers is set to yes. I'll leave it turned off.

Comment

Working...

]]>