title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dB Poweamp is Tagging Video Files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • druguser1
    • Feb 2016

dB Poweamp is Tagging Video Files

I recently noticed that some (if not all) of my DVD rips (using WinX DVD) are tagged "dB Poweramp". In case I'm using the terminology incorrectly, let me state exactly what I'm seeing: for example, I just ripped an episode of the old WW2 TV series Combat! When I hover on the file in my video folder, Windows 10 displays a rectangular box with some general info. about the file, there is a horizontal line at the bottom and beneath it is "dB Poweramp". I'm wondering if this is due to a setting within CD Ripper because it doesn't appear to be anything handled in the Control Panel under Auto Play or Default Programs.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dB Poweamp is Tagging Video Files

That box is being supplied by dBpoweramp, hence the dBpoweramp label at the bottom of it. No tag writing is happening, only reading.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• druguser1
      • Feb 2016

So, how do I get it to stop?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

In Configure dBpoweramp >> Music Converter tab, disable the Popup info tips, note after doing this Windows will not show any ID tags on the popup, because it is dBpoweramp which is providing this information.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• druguser1
          • Feb 2016

So, dBpoweramp is able to provide ID tags for video files even if it wasn't the program that created them? Is it able to distinguish between audio and video?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The files have .mp4, often these files can store just music.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2014

Hey druguser1,

the most important sentence in this thread is this one:

Originally posted by Spoon
              No tag writing is happening, only reading.
              So the explorer integration of dBpa just interprets the tags, that are already within your mp4 files, which could be video or audio only files.

Originally posted by druguser1
              So, dBpoweramp is able to provide ID tags for video files even if it wasn't the program that created them?
              dBpa doesn't provide ID tags for video, but its explorer integration interprets and represents ID tags that are within mp4 files.

Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>