title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Recomemd / Explain Communication Type

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • druguser1
    • Feb 2016

Recomemd / Explain Communication Type

I will be setting up a new SATA drive that will serve as my primary audio ripping drive: Pinoeer BDR-S09J-X. A few things that I'm still unclear on after reading the setup guide are exactly what is effected by the "Communication Type" setting, and what is the intended use for "Profiles"? Are Profiles intended to be specific to a drive, or a ripping strategy? In other words, if I wanted to quickly rip CD's on my Pioneer to see if they agree with the checksum, could I set up a Profile that would enable that, and then have an Ultra Secure Profile that I could switch to when errors come up? Regarding "Comunication Type": the types I've encountered are "SCSI Pass Through", "SCSI Pass Through Read D8", and "Windows Internal". What would be the best setting for a modern SATA drive running on Windows 10? Without making any changes, my LG SATA drive is set to "SCSI Pass Through". I haven't seen any SATA based communication types, and the SCSI drive I tried with CD Ripper would not work at all. I know that SATA is serial PATA which bears some relation to SCSI, but I don't understand how this would enable a SATA 3 drive to perform at optimum.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Recomemd / Explain Communication Type

SCSI pass through is needed fro 99.9999% of people
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• druguser1
      • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
      SCSI pass through is needed fro 99.9999% of people
      OK, what about profiles?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You can already enable ultra secure, dBpoweramp will only use it if it cannot verify with accuraterip, no need for profiles.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Some people use profiles to set up different file naming schemes for different types of CDs (classical versus pop/rock) or maybe for compilation CDs. But as spoon says, you don't need to have different approaches to ripping (matching checksums, etc.). This is the beauty of dbpa. Set it to ultrasecure ripping. Then dbpa will try to rip quickly if it gets matching checksums etc. via AccurateRip match. Then, if it doesn't, it will automatically do the secure ripping approach with multiple passes, etc.

Comment

Working...

]]>