title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Moving ripped titles to iTunes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iGowanus68
    • Mar 2016

Re: Moving ripped titles to iTunes

Originally posted by garym
    No offense meant, but you are really going about this all wrong if you're reripping with itunes instead of dbpa (been there done that...). And metadata should *not* be a problem. I'd slow down a bit and learn some more about using dbpa.
    garym,

I thought that you might be interested to know that I am following your advice & reripping with dBpa. However, I am ripping the classical music portion of my CD collection & I am finding that metadata is a problem, especially when multiple CD sets are involved. To get the complete set under one cover requires that the data be just so. Even when ripping a single CD with one composer & one artist, there are errors & inconsistencies in the metadatabases (if that's the correct term). Nevertheless, I am glad to be following your advice. Thanks again.

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by iGowanus68
      garym,

I thought that you might be interested to know that I am following your advice & reripping with dBpa. However, I am ripping the classical music portion of my CD collection & I am finding that metadata is a problem, especially when multiple CD sets are involved. To get the complete set under one cover requires that the data be just so. Even when ripping a single CD with one composer & one artist, there are errors & inconsistencies in the metadatabases (if that's the correct term). Nevertheless, I am glad to be following your advice. Thanks again.
      Yes, metadata is always the weak link in ripping your CDs. For pop music and a lot of jazz, the databases are pretty good. But classical music metadata is a real mess and requires a lot of manual fixing to get it right and to get the important tags such as composer and performer etc. filled in. Many of us use mp3tag in addition to dbpa to do post rip tag editing (handles FLAC, etc.). Every time I rip a multidisk set, I pull them all up after the fact and massage the tags to make sure everything is how I want it. A couple of links that might be useful:

Mp3tag, a powerful and easy-to-use tool to edit metadata of audio files

Comment

• iGowanus68
        • Mar 2016

Originally posted by garym
        Yes, metadata is always the weak link in ripping your CDs. For pop music and a lot of jazz, the databases are pretty good. But classical music metadata is a real mess and requires a lot of manual fixing to get it right and to get the important tags such as composer and performer etc. filled in. Many of us use mp3tag in addition to dbpa to do post rip tag editing (handles FLAC, etc.). Every time I rip a multidisk set, I pull them all up after the fact and massage the tags to make sure everything is how I want it. A couple of links that might be useful:

Mp3tag, a powerful and easy-to-use tool to edit metadata of audio files

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...e_To_Classical
        So far & for the most part I have been able to manage by making minor edits in iTunes. But sometimes this doesn't work & I have had to rerip making the necessary edits in dBpa. I will definitely check out those links. They could be especially useful when I am ripping the larger box sets. Also, I am finding that the artwork is not always accurate. One reason for this might be that there are so many reissues of a recording in different formats. Sometimes I have had to settle for less than the ideal 800 x 800 pixels. Anyway, thank you again.

Comment

Working...

]]>