title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New User - help with status messages

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AmdrzejK
    • Feb 2016

New User - help with status messages

Hi

I'm a new user and I'm trying to understand the status messages which result from ripping CDs.

The help relating to CD ripper says the following regarding status messages (sorry, I can't seem to cut and paste the relevant graphics):

"X AR" (greyed out), followed by a green tick and the word "secure" (in black type):

Again the rip had no detectable errors, but this time the CD is not present in AccurateRip's database.

And:

"X AR (12)" (in red), followed by a green stylised "i" and the word "secure" (in black type) :

Your ripping result disagrees with 12 other peoples rips, the green i indicates that frames had to be re-ripped, possibly an undetected error has slipped through. If all tracks except one have an AccurateRip verification, and the confidence (number shown in brackets) is more than one, it is likely your rip has errors.

However, I often get the following:

"X AR (200)" (in red), followed by a green tick and the word "secure" (in black type)

Can anyone tell me what that means?

What should I do in the 2 cases when I get "X AR (200)"? Try re-ripping again?

Any help appreciated
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: New User - help with status messages

X AR (200)" (in red), followed by a green tick and the word "secure" (in black type)

This means the CD Drive thinks the rip is secure, but accuraterip does not. If it is a single track and the others verified with (200) then it is likely that AccurateRip is correct.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AmdrzejK
      • Feb 2016

Many thanks. I'm getting it for complete CDs, not just a single track

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If the whole disc is like this, then you have a different pressing to that stored in AccurateRip and your disc cannot be verified.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AmdrzejK
          • Feb 2016

Many thanks - clear now

Interestingly, often, if I re-rip the same CD then I get a match with AccurateRip. I'm guessing that both pressings are in AccurateRip but for some reason it picks the one that I don't have - perhaps because that's the most common?

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by AmdrzejK
            Many thanks - clear now

Interestingly, often, if I re-rip the same CD then I get a match with AccurateRip. I'm guessing that both pressings are in AccurateRip but for some reason it picks the one that I don't have - perhaps because that's the most common?
            depends on how much time has passed. After about a month, your rip will show up in AR. So if it is AR (1) you could be matching against your own rip. Or in the interim someone else ripped the CD with the same pressing as you and you get a match with that. If it is at least AR (2), then you're not comparing to your own rip, unless you ripped the same CD twice on two different computers.
            Last edited by garym; March 20, 2016, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• AmdrzejK
              • Feb 2016

Actually, it happens when I do an immediate re-rip. For example, at the moment I'm re-ripping a CD which I ripped 2 minutes ago, at which time I got the Secure Rip tick but a mismatch with Accurate Rip. The re-rip is now giving me AR (102). So clearly my pressing is in the database with a fair number of rips. I'm just intrigued as to why it didn't pick this up at the first attempt. It's not a problem, just curious.

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by AmdrzejK
                Actually, it happens when I do an immediate re-rip. For example, at the moment I'm re-ripping a CD which I ripped 2 minutes ago, at which time I got the Secure Rip tick but a mismatch with Accurate Rip. The re-rip is now giving me AR (102). So clearly my pressing is in the database with a fair number of rips. I'm just intrigued as to why it didn't pick this up at the first attempt. It's not a problem, just curious.
                Last night I was ripping a few CDs and on 2 of these I would get errors on or long time reripping of frames. wiped CD then reripped and got AR matches for both. So this is not entirely odd. But it shouldn't happen a lot.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

It just shows AccurateRip is working as should, only a positive match is verified.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>