title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping errors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PJBaker
    • Feb 2016

Ripping errors

I was ripping CDs for much of yesterday and everything was going fine. This morning, I encountered a problem that I don't know how to solve. I loaded a new CD which plays well on my VLC media player; so, it does not appear to have any defects. However, when I start ripping that same CD, I get a message that there are ripping errors for all of the tracks, i.e., the rip status indicates "X inaccurate" for all of the tracks on the CD. How do I correct this problem?
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Ripping errors

Hey PJBaker,

Originally posted by PJBaker
    I loaded a new CD which plays well on my VLC media player; so, it does not appear to have any defects.
    it does not appear to have defects, but you have no proof for that. The defects might not be audible and corrected by the error correction that exist for Audio CD playback.

However, when I start ripping that same CD, I get a message that there are ripping errors for all of the tracks, i.e., the rip status indicates "X inaccurate" for all of the tracks on the CD. How do I correct this problem?
    In case that the CD has defects, you can't correct this problem at all. Did you change your dbpa config? Did you enable C2 pointers? Do you see those problems only with this CD or all CDs now?

Dat Ei

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

I was ripping CDs for much of yesterday and everything was going fine. This morning, I encountered a problem that I don't know how to solve. I loaded a new CD which plays well on my VLC media player; so, it does not appear to have any defects. However, when I start ripping that same CD, I get a message that there are ripping errors for all of the tracks, i.e., the rip status indicates "X inaccurate" for all of the tracks on the CD. How do I correct this problem?
      The CD might have errors not reported/detected by VLC.

First, check the settings Dat Ei refers to.

You can try cleaning the CD and re-ripping or try ripping in a different optical drive. Some users have reported successful rips when ripping in a different optical drive.

If you still get errors then it is probably a manufacturing defect that cannot be fixed. If this is the case, there's not much else you can do. Hopefully, these errors are not audible.
      Last edited by mville; February 15, 2016, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• PJBaker
        • Feb 2016

I tried to rip another CD and the same thing happened. I believe there is a problem with the settings that I may have inadvertently changed. What dbpa config should I use? I did not knowingly enable C2 pointer (what are those?). Is there a default setting that I can activate so that I can go back to where all the setting should be?

Comment

• PJBaker
          • Feb 2016

I reset the default setting and ripping has now gone back to normal. Thanks for all your advice.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

I tried to rip another CD and the same thing happened. I believe there is a problem with the settings that I may have inadvertently changed. What dbpa config should I use? I did not knowingly enable C2 pointer (what are those?). Is there a default setting that I can activate so that I can go back to where all the setting should be?
            Can you re-rip a CD that you ripped OK yesterday. Does that CD now report errors?

... OK good, ignore the above as problem solved.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

You can run:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

To reset the settings, then reinstall, ty ripping on the default settings after install.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>