title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Correcting inconsistencies

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sleepingbee
    • May 2015

Correcting inconsistencies

Hi, I'm ripping CD's with dbpoweramp onto a NAS drive. Once they're in the file structure (I'm using a Mac OS), can I alter the file structure (renaming tracks, adding thumbnails), so that they will show up on my NAIM Uniti interface? Thanks, Robert
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Correcting inconsistencies

Are you asking, can you rename files and change the album artwork, or are you asking how?

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Sleepingbee
      Hi, I'm ripping CD's with dbpoweramp onto a NAS drive. Once they're in the file structure (I'm using a Mac OS), can I alter the file structure (renaming tracks, adding thumbnails), so that they will show up on my NAIM Uniti interface? Thanks, Robert
      yes you can. you can even change directory structure after the fact. One can use either dbpa tools or mp3tag to do this one file at a time or in bulk.

Comment

• Sleepingbee
        • May 2015

If I can, and what is the correct way? I'm thinking I may be forgetting something, or need to know how to refresh

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Sleepingbee
          If I can, and what is the correct way? I'm thinking I may be forgetting something, or need to know how to refresh
          give a few examples of what you're trying to correct. metadata tags? actual file names? directory locations? artwork?

edit, for simple manual corrections, select song (or songs) from the album in windows explorer, choose EDIT ID TAG from menu, and do you edits in the window that pops up then click OK.
          Last edited by garym; February 07, 2016, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Online help for Apple OS X users is here: https://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmchelposx/

Look at the Edit ID Tags section for editing tags/metadata.

I assume you can rename files and folders from the Finder.

Comment

• Sleepingbee
              • May 2015

I'll give an example. Most of my Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds have correctly found their way into one folder. However, there was a stray where the "&" in the name created another folder, as if it was another artist. So, I changed this on the file structure, and re-inserted it in the correct folder, but the display on my NAIM interface hasn't changed. Also, yet another Nick Cave folder has appeared, but with a Johnny Cash thumbnail. What to do?

Comment

• Sleepingbee
                • May 2015

I'm on a Mac

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

I suspect these are separate problems. On Naim, you probably need to clear and reindex or something similar. Regarding fixing things, you should move things to right folder and then use EDIT ID TAG in dbpa to fix tag info that is not consistent or needs changing. You can use some Mac file software to change actual file names.

Comment

• Sleepingbee
                    • May 2015

Thanks, services and edit tags in dbpoweramp seems to have done the trick

Comment

Working...

]]>