title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unusually slow RIPs compared to other software, what am I doing wrong, if anything?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KSAH
    • Jan 2016

Unusually slow RIPs compared to other software, what am I doing wrong, if anything?

So... I did all my research about using Apple Lossless alongside AccurateRip, and found the only program for my needs is dBPoweramp / CD Ripper. However when I go to use it, it is taking far too long to rip a CD, 2 or 3 times slower than iTunes to apple lossless. I have read that it is more thorough in checks and I know it is supposed to do what it is doing with allocating processor cores and pausing the actual ripping process until tracks are encoded. However I see no reason why it should take 20-25 minutes to rip a CD. I have it in BURST mode. I would be grateful for any info or suggestions because I have 200+ CDs to rip and anything over about 8mins is going to set me back on an already daunting task.

Any help is welcomed, thanks.
    Also is there any other software that has Apple Lossless ripping AND AccurateRip built in? Or is this the only or the best way?

BTW there is nothing wrong with the discs or my CD drive using other software!
    Last edited by KSAH; January 24, 2016, 01:16 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Unusually slow RIPs compared to other software, what am I doing wrong, if anythin

Try selecting the encoder as 'Test Conversion', how fast does it rip?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• KSAH
      • Jan 2016

Re: Unusually slow RIPs compared to other software, what am I doing wrong, if anythin

Problem solved. I had stupidly forgotten how much slower it would be if saving to USB memory stick. My mistake. Cheers

Comment

Working...

]]>