title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ReplayGain in mouseover info

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seanvt
    • Nov 2015

ReplayGain in mouseover info

Hi,

I've wanted to buy this software for some time, and I'm glad I finally took the plunge!

I do have a question. I ripped a CD to MP3 and it sounds great. I notice that when looking at the files in Windows 8.1 File Explorer, if you mouse over the files you see a whole lot of information pop up.

One of the things it says is:

"Contains: Album Art, ReplayGain ID Tag..." etc.

But I didn't use ReplayGain. I generally don't want to do any kind of normalizing unless I have a good reason. Why would it say this in the pop up information?

Thanks.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: ReplayGain in mouseover info

Are you sure you didn't have the ReplayGain tag turned on when ripping? It would be the RG DSP in your ripping settings (DSP tab the lower center section of the ripper main screen). Also, note that adding RG tags is just adding a tag (that can be used by RG aware players). Adding the RG tag does NOT normalize volume or otherwise change the audio you extracted with the ripper.

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by garym
      Are you sure you didn't have the ReplayGain tag turned on when ripping? It would be the RG DSP in your ripping settings (DSP tab the lower center section of the ripper main screen). Also, note that adding RG tags is just adding a tag (that can be used by RG aware players). Adding the RG tag does NOT normalize volume or otherwise change the audio you extracted with the ripper.
      see picClick image for larger version

Name:	CropperCapture[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	293029

Comment

• seanvt
        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by garym
        see pic[ATTACH=CONFIG]772[/ATTACH]
        Thanks for the reply. My mistake, as it turns out.

After I ripped the CD, I had run it through a separate program, called MP3 Gain. I just did that to run the Analysis to see if anything was clipping. Nothing was clipping so I didn't apply any changes. Nevertheless, just running the analysis was enough to cause that notation to appear in the mouseover text. It had nothing to do with dBpoweramp after all.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...

]]>