title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Question regarding CUETools / Accurate Rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlazingAbyss
    • Nov 2015

Question regarding CUETools / Accurate Rip

Hello, I've been using EAC and Accurate Rip for a while now and came across a thing or two I was curious about. Firstly from what I've gathered "confidence" is basically the number of people who's rip had the same results as your own, so "confidence 3" for example would mean that your results match those of 3 other people, correct?

With that said, here's my first question, I have a CD single featuring 4 tracks and it appears that only one other person besides myself used this CD in EAC with Accurate Rip. For the first three I got "Accurately ripped (confidence 1)" however for the last I got "Track not present in AccurateRip database" and thus it could not be verified as accurate. Clearly this must mean that the one other person and myself gained different results for the last track, which is why I was curious as to whether or not there was any way to determine who's was wrong. Firstly I always use the "secure" setting, also no errors occurred and the track's quality was 100% while I did purchase said CD used the disc itself looks clean and doesn't appear to have any visible damage. I've tried it on both my internal CD drive and an external one and both seemed to give me the same general results. However I noticed that the CTDB Status states "6/6 Accurately ripped" despite there apparently only being one other person whom ripped the same CD as me. I did try ripping it a few times to make sure it was consistent so does that simply mean that I myself ripped it 6 times and those 6 times were all consistent with one another? I assuming this is the case seeing as CUETools also states "Submit result: already submitted" however I just wanted clarification on whether or not that is in fact the case. Also would simply buying a new copy of the CD be the only way to assure me that my rip is the correct one other than simply waiting for someone else's results to be added?

My second question is in relation to a different CD (3 CDs to be precise as it's a video game soundtrack) but ties in to some of the CUETools plugin stuff I mentioned before. On this one all tracks on all CDs state "Track not present in AccurateRip database" which obviously means that only I've entered data on this CD to the database, however my confusions comes again from the CTDB Status. Barring the last tracks on both discs 2 and 3 which were (4/4) every track stated "(3/4) Accurately ripped", does this mean I at some point ripped these 3 discs a total of 4 times and that 1 of those 4 times something had gone wrong during the process?

Anyway, thanks a lot for reading hopefully someone can answer my two questions.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Question regarding CUETools / Accurate Rip

I am afraid I cannot comment on Cuetools, it was not developed by us, perhaps ask the developer?

You can wait for more to submit the results to the databases for future verification.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BlazingAbyss
      • Nov 2015

Which website forum would you recommend me trying? I was originally going to try Hydrogenaud's but for what ever reason I'm apparently not allowed to post a question there.

As a side note do you know what "(AR v2)" and "(AR v1)" mean? I noticed on the CD Single that the first three had AR v1 while the last track (the one which said "Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 1)") stated "AccurateRip returned [E4E01480] (AR v2)"

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

different CRC calculation methods, v2 is better than v1

HydrogenAudio would be the place.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>