title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Puremeta behaving strangely

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PAR
    • Oct 2015

Puremeta behaving strangely

I have ripped hundreds of discs using DBP and Puremeta. However this afternoon the first disc I tried, Alfred Brendel , Beethoven Piano Sonantas Op7, 28 etc. was identified by Puremeta as being Op.8 etc. So none of the metadata was correct aside from the artist name.

The second that I tried, Doric String Quartet, Haydn Op. 20 String Quartets was identified as a Grateful Dead record! The second disc in the set was unidentified in nay respect ( aside from number of tracks) yet DBP said that is was in Accurate rip. If it can't be identified how can it be in Accurate rip?

What is going on?
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Puremeta behaving strangely

Originally posted by PAR
    I have ripped hundreds of discs using DBP and Puremeta. However this afternoon the first disc I tried, Alfred Brendel , Beethoven Piano Sonantas Op7, 28 etc. was identified by Puremeta as being Op.8 etc. So none of the metadata was correct aside from the artist name.

The second that I tried, Doric String Quartet, Haydn Op. 20 String Quartets was identified as a Grateful Dead record! The second disc in the set was unidentified in nay respect ( aside from number of tracks) yet DBP said that is was in Accurate rip. If it can't be identified how can it be in Accurate rip?

What is going on?
    When you refer to Puremeta, I assume you mean PerfectMeta or is Puremeta another application?

The AccurateRip database is a completely different, separate database to the 4 online metadata databases. It is quite conceivable that you rip a CD that is Accurate, according to the AccrateRip database, but has no metadata.

The metadata databases are full of errors, so you need to review the data and make any necessary changes, before ripping. PerfectMeta is a misnomer. In my experience it has never been perfect.
    Last edited by mville; November 04, 2015, 04:01 PM. Reason: added metadata database info.

Comment

• PAR
      • Oct 2015

Re: Puremeta behaving strangely

Yes, PerfectMeta. Sorry (lack of sleep I'm afraid).

Oh yes indeed, I am well aware of the data errors from databases and nearly all of my rips have required some form of metadata amendment. But these are corrections, actually getting the wrong recording per se is very unusual , particularly when it occurs over a sequence of ripping different albums.

Many thanks also for your clarification regarding AccurateRip.

Comment

Working...

]]>