title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripper unable to access disc....Problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daleyb
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2014

Ripper unable to access disc....Problem

Hi Folks..

Most of my CD ripping going really well-But just come up with a slight problem. I have a NON ORIGINAL CD-which ripper will not access.The minute i put cd In the ripper just pops up with the retry disc in centre of page (the Disc is a TDK cdrxg-AUDIO 74).Ive ripped loads of these CDS in the past-no problem even the Computer biased discs-all no probs.. and many even come up with correct metadata-HUUURAH!))

The good news is I have another disc drive to try (in my Computer)...The bad news it the same make! So not making a tad bit of difference.

Ive tried burst, defective settings-but the rippers not playing ball.To be fair its only 2 discs out of many NON-ORIGINALS ripped fine.

ANY IDEAS..?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Ripper unable to access disc....Problem

Will this cd play in a CD player? Will it play in iTunes or another pc CD player? Sounds like a disk that's gone bad perhaps.

Comment

• daleyb
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2014

Hi garym, thanks for Info. Cd Worked with a cheap cd player-But Not my more expensive one(unbelievably). Just clicks in Car cd player and refuses to play. My computer doesnt give me a Option to open in I tunes (it normally does)..So guess I will never know if it plays in I tunes... To be Honest its just a Couple of Cds only..and the Music not that important to me...So losing no sleep. Just goes to show its the Disc-NOT the ripper at fault.

Comment

• MTWolf
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Mar 2011

I've seen this happen when the disc didn't get closed correctly. The cheaper CD players don't care, the more expensive one's want the disc to be correct.

Comment

• daleyb
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2014

When you say "Closed" Correctly do you mean Finalized Correctly.This Could be true being a CDR.

Comment

Working...

]]>