title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Where is my music?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SRA
    • Oct 2015

Where is my music?

New to this software. Have ripped a few CD's but can't find them on my hard drive. After ripping is there a save to menu or do they automatically go somewhere ( audio heaven perhaps )

Well I am finding a CD in my music but all the songs are separate. I am sure there is an album file somewhere if I can locate it.
    Last edited by SRA; 10-24-2015, 08:21 PM.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Where is my music?

Originally posted by SRA
    New to this software. Have ripped a few CD's but can't find them on my hard drive. After ripping is there a save to menu or do they automatically go somewhere ( audio heaven perhaps )

Well I am finding a CD in my music but all the songs are separate. I am sure there is an album file somewhere if I can locate it.
    Please can you post the values in the Path and Naming sections, bottom left of the main CDRipper window?

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by SRA
      Unless you using the Rip As 1 feature, all tracks are ripped to separate files, the format being set in the Rip to section, bottom left of the main CDRipper window.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Rip the CD, the click Rip once more, it will show on the overwrite page the exact location the files are written to.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• SRA
          • Oct 2015

Thanks

Comment

• SRA
            • Oct 2015

So I just ripped the leonard cohen CD and that ended up in one folder available by clicking the music folder in the Path. However I can't reset the Path to simply the Music Folder it is still in the Leonard Cohen mode. Just tried to rip diana krall and it wants to send it to Leonard's folder

Yeh RIIP to is set to AIFF
            Path is Music/Leonard Cohen
            Naming is (Save in Dynamic Artist Folder)

Comment

• mville
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by SRA
              So I just ripped the leonard cohen CD and that ended up in one folder available by clicking the music folder in the Path. However I can't reset the Path to simply the Music Folder it is still in the Leonard Cohen mode. Just tried to rip diana krall and it wants to send it to Leonard's folder

Yeh RIIP to is set to AIFF
              Path is Music/Leonard Cohen
              Naming is (Save in Dynamic Artist Folder)
              Any particular reason why you are ripping your CDs to AIFF? What is the reason you can't change the Path to your Music folder?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

>Path is Music/Leonard Cohen

Path should be just Music, not an artist folder.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• SRA
                  • Oct 2015

How do I change the path? I guess that is what it boils down to. Aiff was recommended to me. Is that not a good one to use with my Mac?

Comment

• mville
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by SRA
                    How do I change the path? I guess that is what it boils down to.
                    Click the Set button.

Originally posted by SRA
                    Aiff was recommended to me. Is that not a good one to use with my Mac?
                    AIFF is ok, but FLAC and ALAC are more commonly used, have better tagging implementation IMO, so you'll have less compatibility issues with 3rd party media players/servers.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

For OS X you click where on the box to the right of Path, where it says 'Music/'
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>