title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper not working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • axf756

• May 2016

CD Ripper not working

Hi, I upgraded to dbPoweramp Release 2024-05-30 in July this year, mainly because of the Batch Converter. Today I used the CD Ripper for the first time since then. It fails with every track. I tried 2 new CDs and one that I ripped before. Every track gets several hundred re-rips after two normal and two ultra-secure passes. My drive is Pioneer BD-RW BDR-UD04, but I ripped a lot of CDs with this drive with the old version of dbPoweramp. Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Nov 2007

no bug, but something in setup not right. Try unticking "use C2 error" setting and then try ripping again.

Comment

• axf756

• May 2016

"use C2 error" setting was already ticked off.

Comment

• simbun
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2021

Problems with this drive have been reported a number of times. You could try the workaround in this post.

Comment

• simbun
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2021

My previous post contains links so is now awaiting approval.

Google 'dbpoweramp Issue with Pioneer DB-RW BDR-UD04' and read the last post for a workaround.

Comment

• axf756

• May 2016

Thanks, but I don't understand. Do you mean this button to the right?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	64
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	328242
            I don't find there "Communication to 'Windows Internal'"

I looked at my old rips and actually I already ripped one CD successfully with this Pioneer Drive and the new version of dbPoweramp.

dBpoweramp 2024-05-30 Digital Audio Extraction Log from Freitag, 26. Juli 2024 10:15

Drive & Settings
            ----------------

Ripping with drive 'F: [PIONEER - BD-RW BDR-UD04]', Drive offset: 667, Overread Lead-in/out: No
            AccurateRip: Active, Using C2: No, Cache: 1024 KB, FUA Cache Invalidate: No
            Pass 1 Drive Speed: Max, Pass 2 Drive Speed: Max
            Ultra:: Vary Drive Speed: No, Min Passes: 1, Max Passes: 2, Finish After Clean Passes: 1
            Bad Sector Re-rip:: Drive Speed: Max, Maximum Re-reads: 34

Encoder: FLAC -compression-level-5 -verify
            DSP Effects / Actions: -dspeffect1="ReplayGain="

Extraction Log
            --------------

Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 23162 (5:08) in 0:43. Filename: E:\Music_Flac\Man

Comment

• axf756

• May 2016

Complete log of first track.

Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 23162 (5:08) in 0:43. Filename: E:\Music_Flac\Mana - Manda una Senal.flac
              AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 59) [Pass 1]
              CRC32: CE624D52 AccurateRip CRC: A4DB98C5 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-001e0110-012999b6-a00e490d-1]
              AccurateRip Verified Confidence 59 [CRCv2 a4db98c5]
              AccurateRip Verified Confidence 35 [CRCv2 d7360406], Using Pressing Offset -6
              AccurateRip Verified Confidence 6 [CRCv2 e221a259], Using Pressing Offset +578
              Last edited by axf756; October 05, 2024, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Disable Ultra Secure ripping, and rely on AccurateRip to verify, the first track log shows that it ripped that track without issues, or re-reads.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• axf756

• May 2016

That was an old rip, just to show that it already worked with the new dbPoweramp version and the Pioneer drive. Currently every track fails with the symptoms described above. The CDs are completely new.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Would have to see the log for the new rip. It could be the drive has now failed and needs replacing. A 2nd pass with different frames, that is the drive reading differently on the 2nd pass, drives which are working do not do this, each pass normally is 100% right, unless there is damage to the disc.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• axf756

• May 2016

The second log set to Complete.

dBpoweramp 2024-05-30 Digital Audio Extraction Log from Samstag, 5. Oktober 2024 17:36

Drive & Settings
                      ----------------

Ripping with drive 'F: [PIONEER - BD-RW BDR-UD04]', Drive offset: 667, Overread Lead-in/out: No
                      Ultra:: Vary Drive Speed: No, Min Passes: 1, Max Passes: 2, Finish After Clean Passes: 1
                      Bad Sector Re-rip:: Drive Speed: Max, Maximum Re-reads: 3

Extraction Log
                      --------------

Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 6177 (1:22) in 0:43. Filename: E:\Music_Flac\King Diamond\The Graveyard\01 King Diamond - The Graveyard.flac
                      AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 26) Insecure [Pass 1 & 2, Ultra 1 to 2, Re-Rip 208 Frames]
                      CRC32: 9463C1B0 AccurateRip CRC: 79A55528 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 014-001d736d-0141fa99-c70e570e-1]
                      ** Reached Maximum 1 Unrecoverable Frames For This Track
                      Re-rip Frame: 26 (00:00:00,333)

--------------

1 Tracks Ripped Inaccurately

Comment

• axf756

• May 2016

The same track with another drive I still had in a drawer. So the CD is ok. I can live with that. I just have to change drives occasionally.

dBpoweramp 2024-05-30 Digital Audio Extraction Log from Samstag, 5. Oktober 2024 17:57

Drive & Settings
                        ----------------

Ripping with drive 'F: [hp - CDDVDW GP70N ]', Drive offset: 6, Overread Lead-in/out: No
                        Bad Sector Re-rip:: Drive Speed: Max, Maximum Re-reads: 34

Extraction Log
                        --------------

Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 6177 (1:22) in 0:10. Filename: E:\Music_Flac\King Diamond\The Graveyard\01 King Diamond - The Graveyard.flac
                        AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 9) [Pass 1]
                        CRC32: AAC8C89A AccurateRip CRC: D0A9BC37 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 014-001d736d-0141fa99-c70e570e-1]
                        AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9 [CRCv2 d0a9bc37]
                        AccurateRip Verified Confidence 3 [CRCv2 9140187f], Using Pressing Offset -6
                        AccurateRip Verified Confidence 4 [CRCv2 8e2059cd], Using Pressing Offset -12
                        AccurateRip Verified Confidence 4 [CRCv2 d3425efe], Using Pressing Offset -18

Comment

• garym
                          dBpoweramp Guru

• Nov 2007

Yes, This is why I have 3 different drives for ripping (all cheap drives). My main drive works for most CD rips. But some CDs require other drives to get secure/AR rips.

Comment

Working...

]]>