title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Breaking up Album on Synology DS Audio

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheSkiBum
    • Sep 2024

Breaking up Album on Synology DS Audio

I just recently ripped all of my old CDs to my NAS in FLAC format. There are multiple albums where a single track is broken off from the rest of the songs on the CD. For example, 4 Non Blondes track six (Spaceman) is a stand-alone "album" outside the remaining 10 songs from the rest of the album. All 11 tracks are in the same folder. What is causing some songs to appear segregated from the rest of the songs? What can I do to keep all the songs together in the same album? They are already in the same folder on my NAS. When I delete the folder on my NAS and re-rip the CD, the issue sometimes resolves (but not always.) Any ideas about what is causing this? Thanks!
  • simbun
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2021

Originally posted by TheSkiBum
    There are multiple albums where a single track is broken off from the rest of the songs on the CD. For example, 4 Non Blondes track six (Spaceman) is a stand-alone "album" outside the remaining 10 songs from the rest of the album. All 11 tracks are in the same folder. What is causing some songs to appear segregated from the rest of the songs?
    Most servers use the AlbumArtist and Album tags to define an album, so make sure that both tags are fully populated and match across all tracks.

If that still doesn't resolve the issue, make sure the following tags are correctly populated:
    • Date (the same for all tracks of an album)
    • DiscNumber
    • TrackNumber

Comment

Working...

]]>