title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Publish Metadata to a File

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willsta
    • Aug 2024

Publish Metadata to a File

Hey all,

I have about 27000 CDs to rip, and I need to get the metadata into another file. Ideally a text file that's delimited, or a spreadsheet or something similar so that I can export the information to our music scheduling software (music master).

Hopefully someone else has been through this?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

can't recall whether dbpoweramp has a way to do this. But I've exported metadata to a spreadsheet using mp3tag program. load up all files, select all, then FILE > Export. In my setup I have several different export file configurations I choose from. I may have downloaded them from somewhere. But searching mp3tag export configurations should find them. Or search on their forum.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Use the Utility codec: [Audio Info] check the option for extensive output, if you are using windows then download from Codec Central above.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• willsta
        • Aug 2024

Awesome! I'm using the multi-encoder to try this out. Where does the Audio Info utility codec write to? Do I have to use batch converter? Or can I use CD Ripper/Batch Ripper

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

You would use Batch Converter, select your whole collection (root folder), convert, choose the encoder as [Audio Info], convert and it will output a file which can be loaded in to excel, the entire collection.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
            Use the Utility codec: [Audio Info] check the option for extensive output, if you are using windows then download from Codec Central above.
            Nice, hadn't noticed this. Note you need to download and install Audio info from here:

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Actually, I now recall using this in the distant past. Note that you should likely also tick the "create tab delimited" option. Then you can open the file in excel and it will convert to columns. The spreadsheet will be track by track, but you can then use some various tools (excel and a database program of some sort) to combine things so that you see only album list and then can click on album to expand list to show all tracks. Or even click on Artist, to expand to show albums, then click on Albums to show tracks.

Comment

• willsta
                • Aug 2024

This will sound a little silly, but where does the Audio Info codec send the delimited file to?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Temp file, it will open it after conversion in notepad.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>