title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AccurateRip Questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrk-sc
    • Jun 2024

AccurateRip Questions

Hi,

First, let me apologize if these questions have been answered elsewhere, but I didn't find answers when I searched.

As my title indicates, I have several AR questions. So, here goes...

CRC Consistency
    1) If you have 2 drives which are in the AR database, when ripping the same track on the same CD, should they produce the same CRC?

2) If you change the drive settings on a drive in the AR database (such as, on a Pioneer drive, turn on/off PureRead), should that cause the CRC to change?

Low AR Number
    1) Does a low number returned by AccurateRip indicate:
    a) There are few rips of that pressing of the CD (that is, all rips of that CD pressing should give the same CRC, and there are few rips in the DB)?
    b) There are few rips of that pressing of the CD which were read with an identical drive with identical settings (that is, different drives may give different CRCs for the same CD pressing)?
    c) It potentially indicates something else?

2) Is it possible to determine how many rips have occurred for a given pressing of a given CD?

3) If the metadata is different between two different rips for the same pressing of the same CD, will that affect how AccurateRip identifies the CD?

Drive Not in AccurateRip
    1) If a drive is not in the AccurateRip database, is there a way to determine the correct Sample Offset (and other settings) to make the drive produce results consistent (identical rips) with a drive in AccurateRIp?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jon K
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

1) Yes, except for the first and last track if they have different drive offsets.

The AccurateRip CRC is consistent though

2) Should not do

Low:

1) a
    2) The number returned shows this
    3) no

If the drive is no in AR, then keep feeding discs and eventually AccurateRip will find the offset.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>