title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripping Configuration Questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RetroBurner
    • Aug 2024

CD Ripping Configuration Questions

Hello! I have a few questions regarding how to properly configure my CD drive(s) for ripping.

1) When configuring Ultra Secure Ripping, what does "Vary Drive Speed Each Pass" do?

2) How can I "reset" my drive so it re-runs the AccurateRip Automatic Configuation Wizard (and asks to re-run key discs)?

3) dbPoweramp says that my drive (ASUS DRW-24B1STc) doesn't support FUA, but the cachex software says that it does, and cleared a 5/5 when testing the Plextor flush command. Should I enable this in dbPoweramp, or leave it alone?

4) dbPoweramp also says that my drive doesn't have a Drive Read cache, but cachex says that it has a buffer of 1536 kB. Pulling up the technical information for my drive in dbPoweramp also shows that it has a 1.5MB buffer size. Should I put 1536kb for the Drive Read Cache setting in Secure Ripping settings, or also leave that alone?

5) What impact does reading into the lead-in and lead-out on a drive have on the accuracy of a rip? Is this something essential that I should be looking for in a drive?

6) How do people determine if a drive can read into the lead-in/lead-out on a drive? Is there a piece of software I can download to perform this testing?

7) How important is C2 Support in a drive?

8) Are there any good modern external USB-C Blu-Ray or DVD-drives that are recommended for secure ripping? My ASUS DRW-24B1STc is a SATA drive in a VERY old machine. I have an external Blu-Ray drive (ASUS BW-16D1X-U), but it doesn't seem to support C2 pointers.

9) If cachex says that a drive has a buffer and that caching cannot be disabled, can it still be used with dbPoweramp?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions!
    Last edited by RetroBurner; August 11, 2024, 06:18 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

1. It forces the drive to rip at a fixed speed, most modern drives do not need this.

2. Why would you need? do you think the offset is wrong?

3. Our advice is never to use FUA on anything other than a Plextor

4. Yes put your value in

5. None

6. You need a special audio cd which has data leading into the lead in or out, then you try to rip, most people would not need that as almost all cds have no audio other than silience

7. it can help detect errors

9. All drives can be used, that is the read cache amount.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>