title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

4 Disc Set, Every Track "Innacurate"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkt
    • Feb 2024

4 Disc Set, Every Track "Innacurate"

As indicated in the topic, I just failed to get one track in a four disc set to rip accurately. I was getting counts like "55 other tracks disagree". I found it strange that an entire disc set should fail so miserably, so I looked up "Georg Friedrich Handel Concerti Grossi Op. 3 & Op. 6" in discogs. Sure enough, I found my disc set and another disc set matching that rather wordy title. I then found another match in Amazon. I suspect that Accurate Rip was comparing my disc set to the numbers for one of the others. What information do you pick out of the meta data to search the Accurate Rip database?

Thanks,
    John
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

AccurateRip accuracy database has nothing to do with the metadata, it is physical discs ripped by other people. It is likely if all tracks are inaccurate, that you have a different manufacturing pressing yet to be added to the database.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jkt
      • Feb 2024

Sorry to persist, but how do you look up a CD in AccurateRip?

Thanks again,
      John

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is automatic by the ripping program, you cannot manually search for discs.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jkt
          • Feb 2024

Yes, but what is it the information that is required to make an (almost) unique index into AccurateRip database?

Comment

• simbun
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2021

The signature/index of a disc is generated from its table of contents, so a single disc could match to many releases because of reissues/remasters/special editions e.t.c.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

And even if two different discs had identical tocs (does happen for CD singles), AccurateRip can have different discs side by side in the database.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>