title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper Encoding stuck at 99%

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AudioDrippr
    • Jul 2024

CD Ripper Encoding stuck at 99%

Hi all, hope you can help me out. I've started to rip some cd's again and for some reason the CPU1 Encoding gets stuck at 99%. Very frustrating, but nothing seems to help. I'm on a Mac (all up to date) and ripping to FLAC (level 5, but I've tried all levels). I'll include a screenshot. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to solve this. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scherm
Views:	117
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	326756
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

What is your destination folder? A folder monitored by iTunes or any other software? Do you rip direct to filenames, to a temporary folder or to "._" files?

Dat Ei

Comment

• AudioDrippr
      • Jul 2024

Separate folder (and also volume) than iTunes and also excluded from monitoring by antivirus etc. I rip direct to filenames/titles and the selected destination path.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Any DSP effects?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AudioDrippr
          • Jul 2024

That was it Spoon! I had one DSP effect active and as soon as I deleted it the ripping went through as normal. Thank you very much for your help!

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

What was the effect?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AudioDrippr
              • Jul 2024

It was an effect to remove the silence in between tracks if I'm not mistaken. Thanks again!

Comment

• PeterP
                Super Moderator
                • Jul 2011

Can you please enable offending DSP back, recreate the issue with stuck encoding, open Activity Monitor, double click dBpoweramp process, click "Sample" button at the bottom of process information box and post the output?
                If the forum can't handle output, email to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis.
                Thanks.

Comment

• PeterP
                  Super Moderator
                  • Jul 2011

Also
                  Originally posted by AudioDrippr
                  Separate folder (and also volume) than iTunes and also excluded from monitoring by antivirus etc. I rip direct to filenames/titles and the selected destination path.
                  Ripping directly to final filenames/titles has been proven to trip various exotic issues on other people's machines and is for good reasons not the default behavior.
                  If you configure dBpoweramp CD Ripper to rip to temp folder then move encoded files, does the problem go away?

Comment

Working...

]]>