title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Track 1 error EVERY TIME

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thelaibon
    • Jul 2024

Track 1 error EVERY TIME

Since upgrading to 2024, every single track 1 has errors (unable to write to file). Spoon you have said that some other utlity must be accessing the file in question to have prevented DB Poweramp from inscribing to the file but come on... every single track one. Impossible. And besides what could possibly be accessing the file since I just created the file using the ripper? Please advise - song time user, very frustrated.
  • schmidj
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2013

I had something like that happen some years ago. As I recall it was the antivirus software locking the file to scan it as soon as it was written. I remember adding something to an exception list for the antivirus software.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Enable debugging logs (Control Centre >> Advanced >> last option), then run CD Ripper and rip just the first track, close CD Ripper and post the log please.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• thelaibon
        • Jul 2024

Spoon, thank you for reply. I don't know what the Control Centre is. I will post the error information:

Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 1' to 'P:\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Non-iTunes Collection\Dan Crisp - Shine on Me EP - 01 - Shine on Me.m4a'
        Could not save cover art: (win:5)
        Unable to tag file 'P:\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Non-iTunes Collection\Dan Crisp - Shine on Me EP - 01 - Shine on Me._'

Information ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 1' to 'P:\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Non-iTunes Collection\Dan Crisp - Shine on Me EP - 01 - Shine on Me.m4a'
        Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 18391 (4:05) in 0:00. Filename: P:\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Non-iTunes Collection\Dan Crisp - Shine on Me EP - 01 - Shine on Me.m4a
        [Pass 1]
        CRC32: C9CC33A3 AccurateRip CRC: 00000000 [DiscID: 006-00056e04-001d0844-4d053906-1]

For the record, when I switch to ripping to a different target disk, it seems to work. But any location on my P: drive seems to cause this error, at least in every instance I've tried in various folders (whether root or subfolders, no difference etc)

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

Are you running iTunes while ripping? My guess is that iTunes locks the new file in its folder to control it.

Dat Ei

Comment

• thelaibon
            • Jul 2024

Originally posted by Dat Ei
            Are you running iTunes while ripping? My guess is that iTunes locks the new file in its folder to control it.

Dat Ei
            Not running iTunes at the same time, no.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Likely does not have write permission for that location.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• thelaibon
                • Jul 2024

Originally posted by Spoon
                Likely does not have write permission for that location.
                Just checked, and permissions are open to reading and writing... but even if it were set on "read only," why would only the first track have a problem but the rest of each disc (tracks 2 thru x) write just fine? Very strange.
                Last edited by thelaibon; July 11, 2024, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>