title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC Album Folder Editing Issue

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomSwaman
    • Jun 2024

FLAC Album Folder Editing Issue

I am uncertain as to where this ought best be posted. I often rip a new album yo my PC music folder, then search for the album, open this edit the album title, copy the new title, close the album folder and paste the new title as the edited album title. This has worked well for many years. Recently, when I paste in the new title properly, it appears to take the new title for aseveral seconds and then automatically umdoes the paste and reverts to the original album title.

Any suggestions/help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

TomSwaman
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

It is likely another program is auto tagging the files, perhaps Windows Media Player.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TomSwaman
      • Jun 2024

Thank you Spoon. Do you know if BlueOS, the PC software for the Node2 streamer couls do this?

Comment

• TomSwaman
        • Jun 2024

Spoon,

How can a program affect normal renaming of a file when the file is not open in the program? I have about 160,000 folders and files in my Music Folder.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Because certain programs monitor the music folder and jump on any file which has been updated.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TomSwaman
            • Jun 2024

Thanks much again Spoon. Is there a simple work around other than repeating the rename functiom unmtik the renamed album text is stable?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

You are best creating a new folder, and store your music in there, such as:

C:\Music\
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TomSwaman
                • Jun 2024

I understand Spoon. Your assistance is truly appreciated.

Comment

Working...

]]>