title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Metadata search weirdness with the latest update. Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schmidj
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2013

Metadata search weirdness with the latest update. Windows 10

I've run into some weirdnesses with the latest version of the ripper, with the metadata search that has your new metadata database included.

First issue: When no metadata match is found and the search popup opens to search Discogs, sometimes (but not always) two copies of the window open on top of each other. (sometimes only one copy opens as it used to be.) When you close the one on top, whether it found a match or not, and close it, the underneath copy opens, you have to close that also to get back to the main page.

Second issue, I load a CD, it says no metadata is found and those search page(s) open. I close them and click on the tab for "review metadata for individual providers" and there is data - valid data - there from one or more providers, in red and not copied into the fields for the CD I'm ripping. I have to click on each entry I want to have it copied into the active CD. This is happening repeatedly. It appears that it happens if there are no entries in your new metadata database, but are entries from other providers, although I did not test it enough to verify that is what is happening.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

We will try to test for this
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• schmidj
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2013

An update: When this occurs (which it does with most but not all CDs), closing the (usually two copies of) Manual Metadata popup and then clicking on the "rescan CD" tab at the top of the screen seems to then load the metadata correctly.

The presence or absence of metadata in the new metadata database is not involved, my earlier comment on that was incorrect.
      Last edited by schmidj; June 12, 2024, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

How often does it happen?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• schmidj
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2013

Yesterday evening it happened on about 10 CDs, I discovered the thing with hitting the rescan tab near the end of my session, but that worked every time the CD had actual metadata available.

I'm elsewhere today and this evening, but tomorrow I'll test a different PC to see if it is specific to the PC I've had the issue with (The PC it is happening on, my desktop machine, has run dBpa correctly since new in 2021. dBpa has been updated every time a new version has come out, however I haven't ripped any CDs with it for some months, I've used the converter much more often) The other PC I'll test on tomorrow,, my laptop, doesn't have a built-in drive so I have to dig out a drive and USB adapter I use it with. I've used the laptop successfully in the past with that setup, before the latest several updates of dBpa when traveling.

I'll let you know the result. Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

We have been able to trigger it and will be releasing a fix
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• schmidj
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2013