title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Issue ripping with Pioneer BDR-XD08UMB-S

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pyrexia
    • May 2024

Issue ripping with Pioneer BDR-XD08UMB-S

Hey all, I've been a long-time user of dBpoweramp, but I have run into a snag.

With my new MacBook Pro, my old ASUS drive I was using crapped the bed, so in looking for a replacement, I picked up a Pioneer BDR-XD08UMB-S. But I can't seem to get dBpoweramp to rip from the drive. It rips fine from an old LG drive I had sitting around, and XLD will rip from the Pioneer drive just fine. This is what I receive as the error message from dBp when ripping from the Pioneer drive.

Any idea about what is going on?

Errors
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 1' to '/Beastmaker/Eye Of The Storm/1 01 Beastmaker - Eye Of The Storm.m4a'
    CDDA read failed at 2367, frames:26, errno:5 [RipAudioInternal]
    CDDA read failed at 2367, frames:13, errno:6 [RipAudioInternal]
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 2367 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 13870) [Rip]
    Tag write failure: moov box not found [WriteTheseTags]
    Unable to tag file '/Beastmaker/Eye Of The Storm/1 01 Beastmaker - Eye Of The Storm._'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 2' to '/Beastmaker/Eye Of The Storm/1 02 Beastmaker - Shadows.m4a'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 13871 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 40063) [Rip]
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 3' to '/Beastmaker/Eye Of The Storm/1 03 Beastmaker - My Only Wish.m4a'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 40064 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 59559) [Rip]
    Unable to tag file '/Beastmaker/Eye Of The Storm/1 03 Beastmaker - My Only Wish._'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 4' to '/Beastmaker/Eye Of The Storm/1 04 Beastmaker - Celestial Glow.m4a'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 59560 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 76125) [Rip]
    Unable to tag file '/Beastmaker/Eye Of The Storm/1 04 Beastmaker - Celestial Glow._'

Information
    Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 1' to '/Beastmaker/Eye Of The Storm/1 01 Beastmaker - Eye Of The Storm.m4a'
    Track 1: ERROR Ripping LBA 0 to 13870 (3:04) in 0:09. Filename: /Beastmaker/Eye Of The Storm/1 01 Beastmaker - Eye Of The Storm.m4a
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 2367 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 13870)

Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 2' to '/Beastmaker/Eye Of The Storm/1 02 Beastmaker - Shadows.m4a'
    Track 2: ERROR Ripping LBA 13870 to 40063 (5:49) in 0:00. Filename: /Beastmaker/Eye Of The Storm/1 02 Beastmaker - Shadows.m4a
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 13871 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 40063)

Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 3' to '/Beastmaker/Eye Of The Storm/1 03 Beastmaker - My Only Wish.m4a'
    Track 3: ERROR Ripping LBA 40063 to 59559 (4:19) in 0:00. Filename: /Beastmaker/Eye Of The Storm/1 03 Beastmaker - My Only Wish.m4a
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 40064 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 59559)

Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 4' to '/Beastmaker/Eye Of The Storm/1 04 Beastmaker - Celestial Glow.m4a'
    Track 4: ERROR Ripping LBA 59559 to 76125 (3:40) in 0:00. Filename: /Beastmaker/Eye Of The Storm/1 04 Beastmaker - Celestial Glow.m4a
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 59560 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 76125)​
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

'/Beastmaker

is not a valid path on macOS, it would be something like:

/Users/[yourusername]/Music/
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pyrexia
      • May 2024

I deleted the path - it is a removable volume, but the path was correct to the removable hard drive that has been used for years. Sorry, I deleted that out when I posted. Call me a weirdo...

Comment

• PeterP
        Super Moderator
        • Jul 2011

Problem noted.

In the log above, errno values of 5 and 6 stand for EIO (Input/output error) and ENXIO (Device not configured).

The later messages about moov box are just generic complaints when trying to write tags to blank M4A file.

Comment

• pyrexia
          • May 2024

Originally posted by PeterP
          Problem noted.

In the log above, errno values of 5 and 6 stand for EIO (Input/output error) and ENXIO (Device not configured).

The later messages about moov box are just generic complaints when trying to write tags to blank M4A file.
          Ah, okay. This is a first for me, as almost every drive has been plug-and-play. I'll do some digging, but do you have any clues on how to fix it?

Comment

• PeterP
            Super Moderator
            • Jul 2011

Attempted fix:

Will retry reading the sector for a few seconds if running into this specific condition.

Comment

Working...

]]>