title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Have Two Questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Abdo
    • May 2024

Have Two Questions

I've been using dbpoweramp for a few days and it really works, I have to rip more than 5000 CDs from my collection.
    Now two questions:
    1. Does the trial version have any type of speed limitation, etc.?

2. I have two CDR units for 48x reading, what I have noticed is that although both of them work, it seems to partially reduce the speed of both, when both rip. I have a computer i9 14900K 128GB M2 etc... everything is the best available today in this line. It would be some configuration.

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

1. No
    2. It will be the interface (USB or SATA) which is getting slow, you need 2 separate interfaces.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Abdo
      • May 2024

Originally posted by Spoon
      1. No
      2. It will be the interface (USB or SATA) which is getting slow, you need 2 separate interfaces.
      Thank you very much,

The two units are connected to two internal SATA ports, I have 8 ports I thought this would not be a problem.

Now another point, if I buy 2 or 3 USB drives in this case, will they operate differently or will I also lose speed?

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Likely that USB + SATA would not have any impact, but multiple USB you would need to put on separate controllers.

The SATA whilst it is plenty fast enough, one of the CD drives will be stalling the interface, see if you have two separate SATA controllers on the system.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>