title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to have bitrate show up in the track Filename

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • telstar
    • Oct 2018

Unable to have bitrate show up in the track Filename

Hello & thanks for looking.

I once had hair until I tried to get bitrate into the filename.

In the Naming Dialog box "dbpoweramp CD Ripper" my Dynamic Naming is [title] - [artist] [k_bitrate]bps D[disc]-[disc_total] ([track])

The Example shows Title - Artist 128bps D1-1 (05) NOTE: THE BITRATE, 128, SHOWS IN THIS EXAMPLE SHOWN IN THE DIALOG BOX. Yeah!!!!
    BUT
    When the filename is generated during ripping, the [k_bitrate] does not show up.

Here is an example of what will show up: Mr. Bojangles - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band bps D1-2 (01) WHERE IS THE BITRATE TAG LOCATED BEFORE THE TEXT "bps"???

Bottom line: [k_bitrate] is not showing up in the filename.

Can anyone shed some light on this. How can I get bitrate to show up in the filename? OR, is there an error in the CD Ripper Naming Dialog Box?

Thanks for your insights.

Best.....

• Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

The bitrate is from the source file, when converting.

You can hardcode the bitrate yourself, just type 128kbps, or whatever the bitrate is.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• telstar
      • Oct 2018

Thanks Spoon,

What do you mean "hardcode the bitrate? Are you indicating I have to manually go into each file & manually insert the bitrate; that's hundred+ songs? I'd be surprised you are indicating this method. Could you please provide a little more detail on what you mean?

Could you address why the "The Naming Dialog box example is showing the bitrate when the above file naming is calling for bitrate, but the bitrate does not show up in filename.? Please review my example again'; example does not show the bitrate included in example. (Note is their a problem with the example results).

Bottom lime for me, is how can I automatically get bitrate included in the filename)

Thanks for help.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You must be choosing a fixed bitrate in CD Ripper? for example if you select the mp3 lame encoder, and choose 320kbps, then in the naming dialog, instead of typing [k_bitrate] type 320kbps

as it is fixed, you are not going to change that.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• telstar
          • Oct 2018

Actually I am using VBR encoding; -V 0

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Then the bitrate is never going to be able to be calculated when the file is created because it is variable and depends on the audio which is fed after the file is created.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• telstar
              • Oct 2018

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...

]]>