title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

email address not working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • randyb
    • Apr 2024

email address not working

CD ripping was going perfectly until I got this message: "It appears that your email address is invalid."

This appears in the album and artist tabs as well as continued on throughout what would be the individual song titles.

I went to gnudb, which is where the message directed me, and registered with that, and got a registration code to put in the program. After much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth, I finally found the spot where that appears to go, and I put it in as directed on the gnudb side.

No dice. I'm still getting that message, and I haven't seen anything to suggest how to fix this.

Any help out there?
  • thexfile
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2010

That's the freedb.
    They're changing their policy. They are collecting email addresses to sell.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

It is something we are clarifying:

Gnu took over freedb's database, and have run it for a couple of years, hats off to them. However they recently changed policy (last few days), requiring all users to supply their email to lookup discs. This we do not agree with 100%, either you have a free service (like AccurateRip, it is free and has no restrictions), or you
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• randyb
        • Apr 2024

Thanks for the responses. I didn't do anything, but when I came back to the computer after a few hours, it was working properly. Perhaps it just took awhile for the change I made to take effect.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

We are going to create our own open feedb as it is supposed to be.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>