title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Different song lengths in flac files after ripping with accuraterip ok

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonK
    • Nov 2023

Different song lengths in flac files after ripping with accuraterip ok

Hello I have a question ?

According to the rip log file I have an accurate rip, but the song length is not the same.

Each Flac file has 1 to 3 seconds more playing length and sometimes a second less.

It seems to me that the rip can never be "accurate", or am I wrong? Accuraterip and cuetools says the rip is ok.

There is a difference in length, CD information and Discogs compared to the Flac rip / durationtime in Foobar, and Jriver player.

Sorry for my bad writing style, I live in Holland.

Greetings Ron

Logfile

Tracks,... Jriver, Discogs and CD

• Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

The TOC cannot lie, it clearly states that track 1 is 2:45
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RonK
      • Nov 2023

Dear Spoon, thanks for the answer.

This means that almost no track duration is correct as stated on the CD cover and discogs and the actual track. I never noticed it.
      Now during the ripping process I noticed it.

It's a strange world :-)

​Could it be that the ripper adds the pause between songs to the track length ??

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The pause is added to the track yes
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GBrown
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by RonK
          Dear Spoon, thanks for the answer.

This means that almost no track duration is correct as stated on the CD cover and discogs and the actual track. I never noticed it.
          Now during the ripping process I noticed it.

It's a strange world :-)

​Could it be that the ripper adds the pause between songs to the track length ??
          Notice in your screenshot, there is a setting for "Gap Handling" that is set to "Append to previous. Track". This is where your extra time is likely coming from.

Comment

• RonK
            • Nov 2023

Thanks GBrown,

This could mean that the gap handling adds the pause times between tracks to the total of the song.
            ​​​​If this happens during the ripping process, this would indeed be an explanation.

In that case the numbers are bit correct, but not time correct.

After some testing, the time on the CD cover is not always correct. Certainly not compared to a physical CD.

And I think there might also be rounding differences between different devices ?

Ron​

Comment

Working...

]]>