title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

naming multiple sets

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amarok
    • Aug 2015

naming multiple sets

Hi at all. Just bought db Ripper and spent the weekend with try and error and on this very helpful forum. However as a newbie with limited skills in understanding naming and strings, a few questions arise:

Some Multiple CD sets I want to be filed in one album name directory as Album name Disc1 and Album name Disc2 or 3 etc.(mostly deluxe editions, for example Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells Super Deluxe Edition) but not two or more album name files under the artist directory.
    Or even better as one Album stating in the file:
    Disc 1
    track 1
    track 2
    Disc 2
    track 1
    track 2
    .End
    And counting each discs tracknumber from 1 onwards

Some multiple sets I just want to be filed as one single disc and play through (mainly Live Albums, like Yessongs).
    As asbove but without the Disc1 and Disc2 notifications and track numbers counting through from 1 over both discs

But I did not succeed, please advise and thanks in advance for your help
    Kind regards from the netherlands
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: naming multiple sets

Originally posted by amarok
    Some Multiple CD sets I want to be filed in one album name directory as Album name Disc1 and Album name Disc2
    I don't understand what you are asking for as Album name Disc1 and Album name Disc2 will give you 2 directories not 1.

In the example of Tubular Bells Super Deluxe Edition, are you asking for all tracks from the 3 CDs to be written to a single directory?

Also, please can you post your current Naming string?

Comment

• amarok
      • Aug 2015

thx for reply!
      Well in iTunes I have only one Album Picture. When opening it it shows "CD1" plus Tracklisting and "CD2" plus tracklisting, which each tracklisting counts from 1 onwards (and playing through from last track Disc1 to first track Disc2).
      Thats basically what I would like to have. With dB I get two Album Pictures (for each CD).

I use the default string:
      [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

Well in iTunes I have only one Album Picture. When opening it it shows "CD1" plus Tracklisting and "CD2" plus tracklisting, which each tracklisting counts from 1 onwards (and playing through from last track Disc1 to first track Disc2).
        Thats basically what I would like to have. With dB I get two Album Pictures (for each CD).
        In trying to get help with metadata, album art, and folder/naming issues, it's important to be very clear about (1) what the existing problem is, (2) where you are seeing it, and (3) how you are doing things now (so we can figure out what needs to be changed). In your reference to iTunes, for example, we can't know what you mean when you say "when opening it it shows...." It's not clear whether you're talking about opening the file properties window or looking at album view in your library, or something else.

One basic concept to keep in mind: The folder and file structure that you see in Windows Explorer is simply an organizing system, and it's created by the naming string that you use. It doesn't have much to do with how your players will navigate your library, because they use the metadata inside the files. So when you talk about wanting CD1, CD2, etc., we need to know whether you are talking about the folder structure, or if you're trying to get a specific player to display these sets a certain way. Your first post suggested you wanted help with organizing folders, but your follow-up suggests something else.

We're happy to help, but you must be clear in describing the issue. Screenshots are often very helpful.
        Last edited by BrodyBoy; August 04, 2015, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Sorry, I am completely confused now, especially when you say:
          With dB I get two Album Pictures (for each CD)

What do you mean and where are you seeing this?

Comment

Working...

]]>