title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Program install location

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicemanc
    • Jun 2015

Program install location

Hi all,

First time poster - and I have to start with an apology as I might be posting in the wrong place (as this is more a techy pc question rather than a dBpoweramp question)...

I am just about to start re-ripping all of my music to lossless, and will be purchasing dBpoweramp to do this. Due to limited space on my existing hard drive I have had an additional hard drive installed, with the intention of using this new drive for my music only.

Having never used more than one drive on the same PC before I am a bit worried that windows might have problems with the program files being on a different drive to the windows files. Do any pc experts on here know if there is any benefit to keeping the dbp program files on my c: drive with the windows system files, and saving only the music files on the new d: drive, or can dbp and the music files be kept on the new d: drive without any problems?

NB - I am running Windows 7 64bit

I hope that makes sense...

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

Dicemanc.
    Last edited by Dicemanc; June 30, 2015, 03:41 PM. Reason: typo
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Program install location

You would install on the C: drive, dBpoweramp takes up a tiny space. When ripping you would set the location of your audio files to the larger drive.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dicemanc
      • Jun 2015

Re: Program install location

Thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>