title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error Ripping to Multi Encoder: "IGNORE"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wave~Trader
    • Apr 2015

Error Ripping to Multi Encoder: "IGNORE"

Hello,

I've been getting several errors in the format:

"Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\DeskTop\Music\Grand Funk Railroad\Heavy Hitters! Hot N' Heavy Rock Classics by Grand Funk Railroad\01 Grand Funk Railroad - Closer to Home.IGNORE'
    Track Ripped Insecurely."

First, I'm not ripping/encoding to the indicated location, "'C:\Users\DeskTop\Music\ ..."; rather, I'm encoding to three external HDD's.

Second, what does "IGNORE" refer to? Does it mean to ignore the error message?

Third, does "Track Ripped Insecurely" mean the track has not been ripped correctly and that there are errors in the ripped track?

Would the "Interpolate" option overcome this type of error?

Regards,

Wave~Trader
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: Error Ripping to Multi Encoder: "IGNORE"

Regarding first and second:
    The .IGNORE bit is a byproduct of how dBpoweramp internals work; certain codecs (Test Conversion and Multi Encoder in particular) do not ask the dBpoweramp app for output filename to write to. Apparently a glitch in error log formatting causes fake unused filename to be shown; you can safely disregard it.

Regarding the third:
    The track was ripped but dBpoweramp cannot guarantee that it is a 1:1 copy of what's on the CD. It may or may not contain audible glitches, depending on other factors.

Comment

• Wave~Trader
      • Apr 2015

Re: Error Ripping to Multi Encoder: "IGNORE"

Thanks PeterP

Comment

Working...

]]>