title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Editing metadata

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nimonic
    • May 2015

Editing metadata

I have been editing metadata before ripping. Any suggestions as to how to edit after the files have been saved? I am using dBpoweramp under Windows 7, but would prefer to edit using a Mac…
    Thanks, nimonic
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Editing metadata

Hey nimonic,

one possibility is to use the "Edit ID Tag" function (right click on sound files, if configured). Another is to use the software "mp3tag".

Dat Ei

Comment

• BrodyBoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by nimonic
      I have been editing metadata before ripping. Any suggestions as to how to edit after the files have been saved? I am using dBpoweramp under Windows 7, but would prefer to edit using a Mac…
      Thanks, nimonic
      I think everybody's who's serious about their digital library....more specifically, getting the metadata right....needs a good dedicated tag editor. Like many others around here, I use mp3tag, and I load every CD I rip into it for review and corrections. It's a Windows program, but there's a Mac version (or some way to use it on Macs...not sure exactly). I imagine there are some tag editors designed for OSX as well.

Comment

• daleyb
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Oct 2014

Dont Know why but when i put Original cd in Mp3 tag it puts cd in alphabetical order (which I dont like-or want.)

Comment

• BrodyBoy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by daleyb
          Dont Know why but when i put Original cd in Mp3 tag it puts cd in alphabetical order (which I dont like-or want.)
          Easy solution, fortunately.

mp3tag will display your files in the order of the first column in the display window, so TRACK needs to be the first column displayed. If TRACK isn't already one of your columns, right-click on the column headers and select "Customize columns...", then checkmark TRACK. Once TRACK is one of your display columns, simply click'n'drag it so that it's the furthest column to the left.

Comment

• daleyb
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Oct 2014

Thanks for that BB. All Sorted. Instead of Click n dragging...I just opened Customise Columns and used "move up" to take track to the top. All perfect now.

Comment

Working...

]]>