title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

7 out of 13 ripprd files have no sound

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRC2015
    • Apr 2015

Re: 7 out of 13 ripprd files have no sound

Ok, my last post went bye bye, lets try this again.
    Yes, I remember reading that. but went ahead and let DB detect that "Drive Read Cache". I will go back and reset that to the default setting.
    Just wondering about the "If I set this back to "detect C2 errors", should I tick the setting below "6Kb transfers(C2 pointers over usb/firewire?"
    It seems to me I should, but I've been wrong on some things so far. LOL

Thanks again garym...your an asset to this forum.

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TRC2015
      Ok, my last post went bye bye, lets try this again.
      Yes, I remember reading that. but went ahead and let DB detect that "Drive Read Cache". I will go back and reset that to the default setting.
      Just wondering about the "If I set this back to "detect C2 errors", should I tick the setting below "6Kb transfers(C2 pointers over usb/firewire?"
      It seems to me I should, but I've been wrong on some things so far. LOL

Thanks again garym...your an asset to this forum.
      somewhat trial and error, but most likely if you tick the c2 option you should also tick the 6kb transfers over FireWire/usb.

Comment

• TRC2015
        • Apr 2015

Thank you garym, I think that's all I need to ask.
        All I need to do is finish ripping the 300+ cd's and figure going about ripping my 1000+ 12 inch vinyl to hard drive(old time dj here).
        Can't wait to try out the batch converter!!!
        I'm about 90% sure I am going to buy this DBpoweramp. Retrieving cd data is a non-thought!!!! Beats M$ media player by light years.
        Signing off....thanks so much garym.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

I'm about 90% sure I am going to buy this DBpoweramp..
          should be 100%. I'm just another user, but how could anyone serious about ripping and converting NOT buy the software. Best money you'll ever spend related to music.

Comment

• TRC2015
            • Apr 2015

Yes, I decided to buy dbpoweramp today. I'm still getting silent rips though, even following your directions! It seems to bypass "Pass 1" and start "Pass 2"...thats when I get the silent rips. Restart the rip, get Pass 1 to work, then on to Pass 2, silent rip goes away. Bug may be?
            I see others are getting the problem also.
            Other than that, works great, especially the batch converter, really fast!
            Question, should I uninstall the trial version before installing the registered version?
            I can not find any info on this.
            Thanks garym...

Comment

• BrodyBoy
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Sep 2011

Yes, I decided to buy dbpoweramp today. I'm still getting silent rips though, even following your directions! It seems to bypass "Pass 1" and start "Pass 2"...thats when I get the silent rips. Restart the rip, get Pass 1 to work, then on to Pass 2, silent rip goes away. Bug may be?
              I see others are getting the problem also.
              Other than that, works great, especially the batch converter, really fast!
              Question, should I uninstall the trial version before installing the registered version?
              I can not find any info on this.
              Thanks garym...
              I've actually never seen or heard of a "silent track" problem, so I'll let Spoon weigh in on that. (I can say that weird issues like that often point toward the drive configuration. Often best to let the program use its drive setup defaults and not change them unless Spoon suggests you do to resolve a specific issue.)

As for the installation....yes, you want to uninstall the trial version, then download & install the Reference version you purchased. Custom settings, like naming strings and Profiles, should be maintained as long as you're installing on the same computer.
              Last edited by BrodyBoy; May 20, 2015, 08:11 PM. Reason: Added drive setup comment

Comment

• TRC2015
                • Apr 2015

Hello BrodyBoy,
                Thanks for the install info, was not sure if there would be a uninstaller kicking in during the full install.

As far as the silent rips go, I had about 18 cd's out of 100 that did that. The folder was there, songs had sizes of approximately 40MB to 50 MB size, but playing a song would result in silence, time scrubber advances, but no sound. Very strange.
                All the cd's mentioned would fail "Pass 1", not in AR database...continue on to "Pass2", finish the rip. I check files for sound, no sound. I delete folder in explorer...restart the rip...NOW the cd is in AR database, finished rip now has sound. If you "Overwrite" the files while reripping, again you get silent files. I can repeat this every time, suggests a possible bug in latest version(I beta test a couple of 3D programs).
                Al in all, love this dbpoweramp.
                Thanks for your help BrodyBoy, off to install paid version.

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

I don't think this is a bug or there would be hundreds of similar posts. Something else odd going on. Are these being ripped to your local c drive? Or is the destination a NAS or some network drive?

The failure to get accuraterip matches at pass 1 is normal for some disks so your description sounds correct but odd that you get silence when playing. Are these normal CDs that do this? What are you playing them on?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

There is R15.3 which is released tomorrow which fixes this issue.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
                      There is R15.3 which is released tomorrow which fixes this issue.
                      Hmmm. I guess there was a bug. Odd that it hasn't happened to me in ripping 1000s of CDs. Maybe bug is only in drive connected via usb or FireWire???

Comment

• TRC2015
                        • Apr 2015

@ garym, hi there, no, my drive is partitioned, so that would be F:(247GB). Putting music on C: makes defrag too long.
                        These are regular cd's...some 20 years old...some just bought just the past few weeks. All in MINT condition!!!
                        Playing on a brand new DVD/CD ROM drive...Matshita UJ8B0(Rosewill).
                        There does seem to be an issue though.

@ Spoon, Hello, I see, well thats good to hear, I figured that there something going on, but being a new user, I was not sure. It's probably what caused me to use cd ripper improperly in the first place. What is the process to download a updated version. I have not installed the one I bought today.
                        Thanks for the help and the fix.

Comment

• TRC2015
                          • Apr 2015

Ok, my last post got lost in moderation I guess.
                          @garym...I have a partitioned hard drive, ripping to F:(247GB). I usually do not save data to C: because of long defrag times.
                          These are normal cd's, some 20 years old, some bought in the last few weeks. ALL are in MINT condition!
                          Using a Matshita UJ8B0 DVD/CD_ROM that I bought 3 weeks ago.
                          Looks like there was an issue according to Spoon.

@Spoon...Thanks for the reply and conformation on reported issues.
                          I have not installed the version I bought today. Do I install the present version then upgrade to new version, or can I wait for the new version and install that? Confused!
                          Thanks again for your help and a fix.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by garym
                            Hmmm. I guess there was a bug. Odd that it hasn't happened to me in ripping 1000s of CDs. Maybe bug is only in drive connected via usb or FireWire???
                            Yeah, odd that the rest of us have never seen it....

(Though now I'm paranoid about those albums I've ripped and never got around to listening to!)

Comment

• garym
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
                              Yeah, odd that the rest of us have never seen it....

(Though now I'm paranoid about those albums I've ripped and never got around to listening to!)
                              Yeah, new work flow item: click on each track post rip to see if at least get initial audio???

Spoon, could you elaborate on this "bug" fixed by 15.3? thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

Answered here:

Spoon, In another thread (linked below), you mentioned that 15.3 would solve a "silent or no audio" issue that the poster had. Can you expand on what this potential issue is? It makes some of us question as to whether our past CD rips that we haven't yet listened to may have "silent audio" tracks (even
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>