title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Sony VGP-XLB2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lurchtt
    • Apr 2015

Sony VGP-XLB2

Ok, I've been banging my head. Without the Sony Media Changer software, how you get your cds to actually load into the CD drive itself? I have dbpoweramp open and see's my VGP unit, but no disc because they are not loading into the internal cd drive. It's not like there is a play button on the unit itself. I know you are all using it in XP, 7, 8 but with only dbpoweramp. what tells the unit to actually load the disc into the internal drive???
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: Sony VGP-XLB2

As I recall isn't that kind of a proprietary system? I.e., self-contained changer/storage hardware that uses Sony's own software controller? (I could be wrong, but I remember when that came out and that was my impression.)

Does your computer have an optical drive?

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by lurchtt
      Ok, I've been banging my head. Without the Sony Media Changer software, how you get your cds to actually load into the CD drive itself? I have dbpoweramp open and see's my VGP unit, but no disc because they are not loading into the internal cd drive. It's not like there is a play button on the unit itself. I know you are all using it in XP, 7, 8 but with only dbpoweramp. what tells the unit to actually load the disc into the internal drive???
      Have you looked here?:

I have recently aquired a NOS Sony VGP-XL1B that I would like to use to rip my CD collection to my PC using the 64 bit version of Windows 7. I am able to load CDs into the changer just fine. The problem is that I am not able to get the changer to start reading the CDs. The dBpoweramp software recognizes the drive that the

Comment

• lurchtt
        • Apr 2015

Yes I've been all over the boards the past couple weeks. I have an optical drive, but this is supposed to do up to 200 in succession. People seem to have luck with it, but when you load in a disc it just sits there and does not load it into the internal optical drive. It's either a bad unit or I'm doing something wrong so figured I'd throw it out there.

Comment

Working...

]]>