title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DSP Feature help - "Dynamic Range Compression" - DRC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jnaneshwar
    • Mar 2015

DSP Feature help - "Dynamic Range Compression" - DRC

Hello - I m a new member here and bought dbpoweramp about couple of weeks ago and in middle of CD ripping. So far very happy about the outcome. I have other queries but for now DRC focused.

I want to know how to use the feature DRC? Is there a tech white paper where i can read and understand each settings in it to see what each one does?

Any users who have used this feature and thoughts ?

I m told at low volumes the Hi-res files have higher dynamic range on the audio files. So the low volume sounds are quiet in comparison to the louder parts of the music. and this causes our stereo setup will indeed complete loose the quite portion of the music.

Can i use this feature to fix the dynamic range of the files ? Will it affect the SQ ? i mean no colors added to the music but just compresses the dynamic range as it states. except i dont know how to use it. I m very novice so feel free to beat me up etc but dont shy away from feeding inputs.

Appreciate all your responses. Oh feel free to insert a similar topic link so I can delete this one / donot proceed further.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: DSP Feature help - "Dynamic Range Compression" - DRC

Have you read about the DRC dsp here:

I suspect not many people use this feature. Certainly in rips, most people want a bit perfect rip from the CD. From what I read, using the DRC dsp will certainly not be lossless and will change the audio. I suspect this dsp is meant to be used to fix certain extreme recordings rather than used in typical ripping of commercial CDs.

Comment

• Jnaneshwar
      • Mar 2015

Re: DSP Feature help - "Dynamic Range Compression" - DRC

thanks Garym. I thought i responded by clicking "+ Replay to Thread" made mistake ?

anyways my question is more from Hi-res files with large dynamic range and sounds little bad on the low volume sessions if this will fix the dynamic range.

will read the link later but for now its my morning chore .

Comment

Working...

]]>