title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Apple external USB Super Drive and C2 Error Pointers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Apple-Fan
    • Feb 2015

Apple external USB Super Drive and C2 Error Pointers

Hi there,

I am quite new to this CD Ripper community, so please bear with me if my questions below are already answered somewhere else:

I have installed CD Ripper for Mac OS last weekend and I am using as drive the Apple external USB Super Drive, which is connected to my mac mini. My first question relates to the CS Error Pointers:

a) how can I find out if my drive (as mentioned above) supports CS Error pointers or not? Obviously this has an impact on the best settings for Ultra Secure: 1-2-1 vs. 2-4-2)
    b) can you explain to me what exactly this CS Error Pointers is all about (I read the short explanation, but sorry, don't really get it....) and do I need to tick also the box "8KB Transfers"?

My second question relates to an error message:

After my first rippings, I received for some tracks on some Audio CDs the mesage "Error". While in the settings all types of Rip Status are best described (e.g. Pass 1, Ripping 32 %, Accurate (12) etc.), I could not find any explanation for the Rip Status "Error", and what it says to me?

Many thanks for your help.

Best, Apple-Fan
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Apple external USB Super Drive and C2 Error Pointers

a) There is no test currently on the OS X version of dbpoweramp.
    b) The drive is able to inform dBpoweramp when it detects an error

Error means something bad happened, at the end of ripping a page should show detailing the exact error.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Apple-Fan
      • Feb 2015

Thanks Spoon, for the answer.

But, if I am not able to find out if my drive supports CS Error pointers or not, would you recommend to remain it activated or to untick it? Would you then say, it is better, for the ultra secure setting, to keep 1-2-1 or 2-4-2?

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I would recommend you uncheck it and use 2-4-2
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>