title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Artwork Size / Library options...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daleyb
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2014

Artwork Size / Library options...

On a recent Original rip from DBPA The jpeg image was 800 x 800. If I import artwork from wherever is there a minimum / maximum size which is ( un )acceptable...?

Regarding Library options: Its been recommended by someone that WMP Can conflict with DBPA ripps.This is very Important to know for me, because Iam storing RIPPS on My HD ON P.C. then backing up on a external HD before there last journey to the NAS. (A long way off yet!)

Is Foobar a safer option ?. Is this because it not a direct link to Windows OS intergration..?

Also,If one wishes can you install no Library and just use DBPA own library (ie .the speaker icon logo) although I realise thats not really a Library- but helps organise folders more....
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Artwork Size / Library options...

Originally posted by daleyb
    Its been recommended by someone that WMP Can conflict with DBPA ripps.This is very Important to know for me, because Iam storing RIPPS on My HD ON P.C. then backing up on a external HD before there last journey to the NAS. (A long way off yet!)

Is Foobar a safer option ?. Is this because it not a direct link to Windows OS intergration..?
    The default settings in WMP will mess with any audio files (tags and artwork) that are added to it's library and not just dBpoweramp rips. This is because, IMO, Microsoft developers are idiots, assume they know best and that end users don't know what they are doing. If I remember correctly, in the early days of Apple and iTunes, they adopted a somewhat similar approach.

It would be a much better if Microsoft (and Apple) set the default settings to leave tags/artwork well alone and allow the end user to set these preferences OR at least ask the end user what they would prefer, as audio files are added to the music library.

So, if you are familiar with WMP (and iTunes), it is possible to set the preferences to NOT organise your music library.

After ripping in dBpoweramp, for any further tag/artwork changes I need to make, I use MP3Tag (and foobar2000 for playback) which only edits tags and artwork when I ask it to.

Comment

• daleyb
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2014

Thanks For Feedback mville.. I will take off wmp altogether.I wont take any chances with my precious dbpa ripps!

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Thanks For Feedback mville.. I will take off wmp altogether.I wont take any chances with my precious dbpa ripps!
        There's no need to remove WMP, just make sure that the folders that contain your audio files are NOT listed under the Windows Music Library locations:

Comment

• daleyb
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2014

Thanks again. Using Windows 7. Having a few probs fingding this window.I was going to go Into control panel and delete it from there.Is this in Wmp its self.

Ahh..... Think I just found it-my window looks a little different.Do I just remove all..?

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Thanks again. Using Windows 7. Having a few probs fingding this window.I was going to go Into control panel and delete it from there.Is this in Wmp its self.

Ahh..... Think I just found it-my window looks a little different.Do I just remove all..?
            Yes, you can remove all locations here. Remember, you can always add locations later, if you decide to use WMP to organise/play your audio file library.

To get to the Music Properties Window:
            Windows 8.1 64-bit file explorer>Libraries>Music>properties
            Last edited by mville; March 10, 2015, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• daleyb
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Oct 2014

Great Stuff-thanks again.Would you advise to clear info in Library-or is it o.k to still have some stuff in there..?
              Best to be safe than sorry...Looks like I can still use other features on WMP-Altough i never do.....

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

Great Stuff-thanks again.Would you advise to clear info in Library-or is it o.k to still have some stuff in there..?
                Personally, I have cleared all music related info from WMP, so I know that WMP is not touching my audio library.

Comment

Working...

]]>