title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Totally Newbie Question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wdw
    • Feb 2015

Totally Newbie Question

Trying to re-rip my library from WAV to ALAC with art work and metadata using the beta of the OSX Dbpoweramp. I think the program is great and look forward to the final release.
    My question:
    A number of CD can be ripped in iTunes completelly but the occassional CD will have an error with some tracks that cannot be ripped. If I change the setting to Burst they may or may not copy. If the disc can be read and ripped in iTunes, proving it can be copied, albeit with some errors is there a setting in the program which allows for these slightly error ridden files to be copied rather than just not copied at all?
    Regards,
    WDW
  • Wdw
    • Feb 2015

Re: Totally Newbie Question

Originally posted by Wdw
    Trying to re-rip my library from WAV to ALAC with art work and metadata using the beta of the OSX Dbpoweramp. I think the program is great and look forward to the final release.
    My question:
    A number of CD can be ripped in iTunes completelly but the occassional CD will have an error with some tracks that cannot be ripped. If I change the setting to Burst they may or may not copy. If the disc can be read and ripped in iTunes, proving it can be copied, albeit with some errors is there a setting in the program which allows for these slightly error ridden files to be copied rather than just not copied at all?
    Regards,
    WDW
    A sizeable portion of my CD library can't be read by this App....surely there is something wrong. It is in beta so this may be the issue but otherwise what could be the problem?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

What does the error log show at the end?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wdw
        • Feb 2015

error message attached, Thanks, Warren

disc can be read by iTunes...is there a less "stringent" read format that Dbpoweramp can use for discs that may not meet the Accurate criteria...I seem to have a number of discs which have these error messages (and have always taken care of them)

Error converting to AIFF, 'Track 12' to '/Users/warrenwillows/Desktop/Leonard Cohen/Live in London, Disc 2/12 Leonard Cohen - I Tried to Leave You.aif'
        Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 321869 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 344045) [Rip]
        Error converting to AIFF, 'Track 13' to '/Users/warrenwillows/Desktop/Leonard Cohen/Live in London, Disc 2/13 Leonard Cohen - Wither Thou Goest.aif'
        Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 344045 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 350589) [Rip]
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Wdw; February 17, 2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Burst is the less stringent way, your msg indicates the CD drive its self is refusing to read the CD.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wdw
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
            Burst is the less stringent way, your msg indicates the CD drive its self is refusing to read the CD.
            Hello Spoon,
            Not trying to be argumentative....but iTunes with error corection can read these two tracks but no interation of DBpoweramp can, appraently, read them and this a program dedicated to ripping CD's. Surely there should be a minimal rip format that could be used when there are perceived errors on the disc.
            Really would like this to work as your metadata and album art processes are the best.
            Warren

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

What CD drive do you have?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wdw
                • Feb 2015

Hello,

I am ripping with an iMac and the internal drive is a OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5680H. I've found a work around for discs that have unreadable track with Accurate by using
                Defective by Design Options "Force read first TOC Session" and "Interpolate C2 Errors"
                Not sure why this is allowing a read when Burst isn't'
                Regards,
                wdw

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

If interpolate c2 is unchecked, the disc will not read?

If force read first toc session is unchecked it will not read also?
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wdw
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
                    If interpolate c2 is unchecked, the disc will not read?

If force read first toc session is unchecked it will not read also?
                    Spoon, Sorry. Meant to say these two are "checked".

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Try to uncheck each of them one at a time, does it rip?
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>