title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can dbpoeramp Rip CD/Files into existing iTunes Directory Structure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuckChaser
    • Feb 2015

Can dbpoeramp Rip CD/Files into existing iTunes Directory Structure

Just started using dbpoweramp a few days ago to partially update my itunes collection. It a pretty large collection (with most songs in apple lossless format. .mp4) so i am only trying to re-rip my songs rated 4 and 5. The process i am using is as follows
    1. rip to a separate directory (i.e. ..itunes\itunes media\dbpa music) creating .iaff files
    2. drag / drop each songs from each album into main itunes directory
    3. manually assign rating to the new songs
    4. delete old .mp4 files that are the same as the newly imported .aiff files.

Couple major problem with this approach - it takes a long time (due to manual effort in multiple steps) and my final itunes media is split across 2 directories. So the question - is there a way to have dbpoweramp place the new ripped files into the existing itunes directory structure (so would combine steps 1, 2 and 3 above) while leaving the old file in place?

Every setting i have tried so far results in duplicate directories for each album.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can dbpoeramp Rip CD/Files into existing iTunes Directory Structure

We have nothing which can automate this, sorry.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2011

Re: Can dbpoeramp Rip CD/Files into existing iTunes Directory Structure

Originally posted by BuckChaser
      Just started using dbpoweramp a few days ago to partially update my itunes collection. It a pretty large collection (with most songs in apple lossless format. .mp4) so i am only trying to re-rip my songs rated 4 and 5. The process i am using is as follows
      1. rip to a separate directory (i.e. ..itunes\itunes media\dbpa music) creating .iaff files
      2. drag / drop each songs from each album into main itunes directory
      3. manually assign rating to the new songs
      4. delete old .mp4 files that are the same as the newly imported .aiff files.

Couple major problem with this approach - it takes a long time (due to manual effort in multiple steps) and my final itunes media is split across 2 directories. So the question - is there a way to have dbpoweramp place the new ripped files into the existing itunes directory structure (so would combine steps 1, 2 and 3 above) while leaving the old file in place?

Every setting i have tried so far results in duplicate directories for each album.
      If I'm reading your post correctly, you want to replace particular ALAC files with AIFF versions in your music library.* And you want to automate that process up to, but not including, the point of deleting the original ALAC file?

If that's what you're doing, it's actually very quick & easy. Here's how: Use Music Converter to batch convert the selected files to AIFF (there's absolutely no need to re-rip if you're starting with lossless ALAC files). In the encoder settings, select "Original Folder" for the output, and don't employ the option to delete the source file. If you decide that you'd like to automate the process completely, simply have dBp also delete the source file as well.

[SIZE=2]
      * Just out of curiosity, why do want to switch from ALAC to AIFF? Both are lossless and contain the exact same audio data, but AIFF isn't as metadata-friendly. I'm wondering what advantage or benefit your expect from AIFF.
      [/SIZE]
      Last edited by BrodyBoy; February 17, 2015, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>