title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Artwork Size

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kktl
    • Apr 2013

Artwork Size

Is there any downside to loading large artwork. I see that the ripper program defaults to maximum pixel size of 800 x 800 and maximum file size of 250KB. Will larger artwork slow create issues when viewing on a smartphone or when streaming music.

Thanks

Keith
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Artwork Size

Hey Keith,

you can even configure the maximum pixel size and file size. I have chosen 1000px * 1000px and 250kB. For one special device (my Audi Music System) I have to resample the maximum size down to 800px * 800px, which an easy task with the Batch Converter.

So you see you can use a higher resolution and larger file size for your music files without risk. If you have any problems concerning pixel size or file size convert the files once more with the Batch Converter. Downscaling is no problem - upscaling is the problem.

Dat Ei

Comment

• kktl
      • Apr 2013

Makes sense! Thanks!]

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by kktl
        Is there any downside to loading large artwork. I see that the ripper program defaults to maximum pixel size of 800 x 800 and maximum file size of 250KB. Will larger artwork slow create issues when viewing on a smartphone or when streaming music.

Thanks

Keith
        The one caveat that I'd add: some network streamers may be a little slower loading the artwork if it's too big. With my Sonos system, for example, I try to keep the file size between ~200-300Kb, as that seems to yield both excellent quality and near-instantaneous load times. (Resolution doesn't matter as much since it has to scale for the specific controller interface anyway.) I suspect different systems vary in how they handle artwork....some may have a local cache, some may load each file on demand, etc....so it may be a good idea to test the performance impact on the system you actually use.

Comment

Working...

]]>